Chapter 4

A pic of Sophie on the side>

                                                          Nate's Pov.

Mr. Robertson was very nice and sweet to his children and I felt envy.

My father hated me for being gay, and he calls himself a Christian, I scoffed where does it say that god hates gays? Nowhere that’s where.

After I drop the kids at school, I drove towards campus to start moving my stuff into my room for the next three months.

I could not help but smile, I have only been there and I already love the kids, they keep things interested.

Kevin and Pierce left leaving me there with The Robertson family.

I was going to clean the table and do dishes but Mr. Robertson told me not to.

For me to help Brandon with his homework and he can do the cleaning.

Brandon was supposed to draw the bowl with fruits but to add something on the bowl, something to represent him, something personal.

He did, he added a puzzle piece hook to another making it complete.

I ask why but he just smile and shook his head as if telling me, he could not tell me, I smile and nod, I was not going to push him.

The day went fast and I was already on my way to pick the kids up.

We got home and I fed them before I had to take Brandon to soccer being Thursday and all.

After all that running around, we went home to make dinner.

Mr. Robertson had texted me saying he would be late and not to expect him for dinner since he already had plans.

After we were done eating, the kids retire to their rooms to do their homework, and I clean up.

Once everything was clean and put away nicely may I add, I went to check on the kids, Brandon was already done with his homework and now was watching discovery channel.

Next, I went to check on Sophie, she was reading a book but she had lifted her eyes up and connect them with my blue ones; she grinned and set the book on the nightstand.

‘’Nate, why do you look so sad?’’ Sophie asks me and I frowned.

‘’What do you mean Sophie?’’ I question her and she smile at me.

‘’When you smile, it does not reach your eyes like daddy’’. I drop the fake smile and just look away from this seven-year-old girl, who is very smart.