Chapter 7

Seeley's Point Of View.

I was sitting on the couch, watching an episode of Bones.

Sophie gets up yawning and I smile at her.

‘’Hey, sweetie where you going?’’ I question her and she comes to me and leans down to kiss me.

‘’Contrary to belief, some of us kids do like to have a bedtime’’. She pipes and I roll my eyes.

‘’And here I thought you were enjoying spending time with me’’. She smiles and pecks me again.

‘’I do, but I need my beauty sleep, so good night boys, and give Nate a kiss goodnight for me when he gets back’’. She chirps and goes in to her room.

Brandon smiles sheepishly at me and I just roll my eyes.

‘’I take it, you want to stay up’’. I pointed it out and he nods his head yes a couple of times.

‘’I like spending time with my old man’’. He chirps and I just shake my head smiling.

My mind went straight to Nate, what was he doing?

Was he having a goodtime?

Why me thinking of Nate having a good time with someone other than the kids, and me piss me off?

My cellphone rings and I wonder if I could let it go to voicemail, it was Kevin and sometimes that boy is too goddamn hyperactive.

‘’Yes Kevin, what is it?’’ Going against my better judgment, I decided to answer.

‘’Seeley, I need your help’’. I sit up straighter, noticing how urgent my little brother’s voice sounded.

I could hear him on the other phone.

I realized he was calling me from home, while he was on the line on his cellphone.

I was about to hang up, but I heard him asking Nate if he was drunk.

I stayed quiet, to see if I could hear more.

I held my air inside of me, as I couldn’t hear anything.

‘’Seeley, can you leave the kids alone?’’ He urges and I frowned.

‘’I think so, but give me a good explanation’’. I demanded, I wasn’t going to leave my kids just because Nate couldn’t hold his liquor.

‘’Seeley, I think he’s been drugged, please go help him, I’ll text you the address, and I’m on my way there to stay with the kids’’. As Kevin spoke, I had jump up and grab my coat.