The Girls Story

I slowly opened the creaky door to my past home. I smiled as I always did when I saw my home. I slowly walked down the homemade, iron steps to the wooden floor. My eyes instinctively flickered to the couch where my father's body should've been. His body had mysteriously disappeared after his death, which had crushed my soul. I gave a faint sniffle before turning back to the stairs.

I walked up to the fifth step and carefully stared at the wall underneath. Nothing. I placed my gloved hand on the soft wood, only to jump back as the wall glowed. The same glow as the girl's surrounding light from my dreams.

When the light dispelled a drawer was in the wall. I took hand of the new handle and gave a shaky breath as I slowly opened it.

A note and a small memory chip were the drawer's only contents. I lightly frowned before grabbing the note. It was in my father's sloppy and swift handwriting.

Son… I am deeply sorry for not telling you the truth… the card in this drawer will explain everything… please forgive me and your…..

The handwriting after that was too illegible or too ruined from tears to read. I lightly frowned before setting the paper down and opening my chest panel. I closed my eyes and gave a long sigh before inserting the chip.

Everything moved fast-forward as everything rushed at me at once.

I was waking up for the very first time. My father stood over me. He was MUCH younger then every other time I saw him. He smiled, showing his white teeth.

"Hello, Zane." He said, fixing his glasses.

"Daddy! I wanna say hi too!"

My father bent down and set a young girl of about 4 on the table next to me. She smiled at me, her icy eyes sparkling. "Hi, brother! I'm Asuna!"

I felt myself smile, yet in the real world I was in utter shock. That was the girl from my dreams. But… she didn't have wings here.

"It is good to meet you." I said.

I fast-forwarded as memories of me and Asuna playing showed, years worth by the looks of it, but only about 3.

I played one as it caught my interest. Asuna and I were playing in the snow when a sudden roar made her cling to my white shirt. A tree horn tore through the trees and snarled at us. Asuna and I ran until we reached a cliff. The monster got closer, snarling at us with demon eyes. Asuna gasped as I nearly fell over the edge of the cliff. She glowed the same angel light and raised her hands, pointing them at the beast. I stared with wide eyes as the beast froze instantly. It's now frozen body fell forward, clipping the cliff as I fell over the edge. The rocks cracked and fell under my sister. I jumped, grabbing her wrist before she fell. Ice slowly crept up my arm. She stared at me with her sparkling eyes and a feeling of dread swept over me. I pulled her higher, only to have a section of rocks crumble and I lowered her again.

I saw her swallow as she bit her lip. Her eyes grew teary as she stared at my ice-streaked arm. She pulled herself up, biting me. My grip slipped and her hand was freed from mine.

I screamed so loud my voice stopped and artificial blood seeped from my throat and out my mouth. Asuna closed her eyes as she fell down the cliff, eventually out of view as she fell into the trees. Tears streamed down my cheeks in downpours. I stayed perfectly still, staring at the clouds. My out stretched hand tightened into a fist. The very hand that slipped, causing my sister of 7 to fall to her death.