Deactivated

I felt a tickling sensation as I was teleported from the depths of Zane's mind. The next this I knew I was floating an inch from the wooden panels of his past home, which I understood from his memories was called Destiny's Bounty. I heard a silent creek as Lloyd's and my feet landed softly on the wood. I blinked twice, my eyes staring straight at Zane's face.

The Ninja of Ice appeared to have been sleeping peacefully during our entire fight, as though it were nothing but a dream, a fantasy in his imaginative mind. I slowly walked to his bed and sat on the corner, placing my hand softly around his cheek.

"Brother…. Thank you…." I whispered to him as a tear fell from my cheeks. I felt Lloyd's hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me.

His wings and halo had disappeared. He wore a black and green ninja suit with golden designs. He twitched a smile at me and knelt beside me, taking Zane's still warm hand. He repeated my words with a choked sob.

"I just want to check on him!" I heard from the other side of the door. I stood protectively in front of Zane and glanced at Lloyd, whose face turned full of happiness. The door knob turned and in walked three boys and an old man.

One of the boys had spiky hair, amber eyes and a red/ black ninja suit. Another had raven hair, coffee brown eyes and a silver/ black ninja suit. The last had brunette hair, emerald eyes and wore a blue/black ninja suit. The old man wore a white sensei's uniform with a black obi belt. He had a long mustache and golden youthful eyes hidden under his monk-like hat. Everyone stared at Lloyd with pale faces of complete shock.

"L-Lloyd…? I-Is that really you…." The one in red asked.

"B-but you are…-"The one in silver paused, completely surprised.

"Dead." The one in blue finished with a whisper.

They all smiled and ran, tackling Lloyd with happy faces. "LLOYD!" They all cheered. The old man stared at me with wide eyes of horror.

"Hey, Lloyd. Who's this, your girlfriend?" The one in blue smirked.

"Uh… yeah…. Yeah! She's my girlfriend." Lloyd blushed lightly and glanced at me.

"Well, what's her name?" The one in red asked.

"Guys, meet Asuna S. Julien. Zane's sister."

"No…. It cannot be you…. Julien said you were…." The old man whispered/ growled. The boys including Lloyd frowned.

"What's wrong Sensei?" The one in silver wondered.

"The liar! He will pay for the harm he has done this world!" Sensei shouted and pounded up to Zane before I could do anything. He crouched over the Ninja of Ice, ripping open his ninja robe and opening the secret panel on Zane's torso. He quickly found what he was looking for and stared at the storage chip at his fingertip. "Only one Ninja of Ice may exist! Once I remove this chip, everything Zane is and ever was will mean nothing."

I knew what that meant. He meant to kill Zane. My brother.

But before I could do anything, he ejected the chip along with Zane's life. I heard Zane give off a loud gasp as the card came out of his system before he fell limp. It was impossible to tell who fall to their knees first, the boys, Lloyd or me. Either way, their sensei bounded out of the room with Zane's very life in his hand.

Zane was alive before that. Zane had a chance. He could've lived.

I blinked twice in utter disbelief, and quickly grasped my brothers cold hand.

"Zane no…. please live…."

I sloppily moved my fingers to his wrist to check his pulse to ensure his death. I gasped.

Nothing.