Hellos and Farewells

Lloyd gave a large smile, his eyes shining with tears.

"Been a while, Brother." He whispered and helped me stand.

I-I cannot believe it…. I have wanted to thank Lloyd for saving my life and now I can. I can finally thank him for saving me on that day.

"Is that... truly how you feel?" He asked me. It took me a moment to realize that my thoughts had been heard by everyone. I blushed lightly and nodded.

"Look out!" Lloyd shouted and tackled me to the ground. A blast of dark energy shot over our heads. I turned my head and stared at Guilt as Lloyd tried to get mud from his eyes. Guilt had a demonic smile and glanced to his feet.

"Asuna!"

She was lying motionless, her unharmed arm lying over her chest. Being a fool, I ran to her and knelt next to her.

As soon as I touched her face, she vanished in a dark mist. Guilt laughed and grabbed my neck, pinning me to the wet ground. I felt his cold blade touch my throat.

"I may not be able to possess your body if I kill you… but at least I will have the satisfaction of destroying you once and for all!" Guilt snarled. Lloyd took a step towards us, his face still covered in mud. "One more step and I slash his throat so he slowly bleeds out!" Guilt threatened darkly. Lloyd's face grew pale and he stepped back. This was my chance.

I grabbed Guilt's throat and rolled us to the cliff. I knelt over his with a face of pure anger. I snarled and raised a fist.

"This is for tricking me!" I shouted and punched his face. "And this is for Lloyd! This one for invading my dreams!"

I gave him punch after punch, investing every hating memory I had to fuel my punches. When I had run out of curses and reasons to punch him I did it just to do it. I was so angry I couldn't control myself. Something grabbed my wrist and stopped me, I looked back to see Asuna and Lloyd staring at me. I breathed heavy, my breath crystallizing in the wind. My eyes fell back on Guilt, then the chasm.

"Lloyd… what happens if Guilt falls into the chasm…?"

"He would cease to exist in your mind…. He would be trapped, forever falling until he slowly vaporizes into nothing." I blinked twice.

Perfect. My plan is in my mind. But… what of Lloyd and Asuna…?

I noticed Lloyd pull out a small icy box and place it in the hand Asuna held. I noticed there was a button. A small smirk crept on my lips. I know what I must do.

I stared at the box, my smile not disappearing despite the knowledge of what would happen to me burning my skull. I gazed at my sister and brother, tears in my eyes.

"I am sorry." I whispered.

I pressed the button and threw the box at Lloyd. By instinct he caught it. He and Asuna glowed bright blue. Before he could give it back, I threw Guilt over the cliff and jumped off myself, gripping his black shoulders firmly so he wouldn't escape.

Lloyd and Asuna both shouted my name as I fell with Guilt towards the chasm, and ultimately, my death. I stared at Guilt's surprised, blood red eyes.

"I cannot trust you not to escape. I will destroy myself, and by doing so, you as well!" I snarled at Guilt as the wind grew colder. I closed my eyes and projected my thoughts to my siblings.

I am so sorry, Lloyd and Asuna. I couldn't live knowing full well that Guilt would still have a slim chance of escaping…. And that you both died because of my mistakes.

A tear fell from my eye and into the cold air.

Tell the Ninja that they were the best thing that ever happened to me, and that I regret nothing but that you two were hurt by my decisions. I will miss you all deeply. I only have one last request for everyone.

I felt the light in my mind fade as the chasm started to swallow me in its darkness.

Please don't blame yourselves….

I saw the light diminish and knew they escaped unharmed. A small smile crept on my lips and I whispered one last thing.

Goodbye….