Chapter 3

Playlist -You broke me first by Tate McRae

The rest of the night was honesty pretty boring. My father introduced everyone to the Malfoy family and celebrated with champagne. Draco and I continued to have small talk but I could tell some of his answers and questions where being monitored. I didn't mind though, this was the first time I was able to communicate with someone that was my age.

After a couple hours of talking his parents came up to us and separated us. I won't lie I was pretty sad. I made my first friend and we couldn't have a proper goodbye. I guess tomorrow i'll see him right?Amy told me that they would be staying here for awhile anyways.

I ran up to my room and slipped into some pajamas and called it a night. As I was asleep I didn't realize that Amy came into my room and brought me some clean close and placed them on a chair next to my bed.

The next morning was like any other morning I got dressed and went for breakfast. I searched the area to see if Draco was there. I looked all over the place and couldn't find him. After awhile of waiting he finally arrived. I began to walk up to him with a huge smile plastered along my face.

"Hi Draco" I said smiling at him. He just stared at me blankly and walked away. I stood there frozen as he walked past me. I tried turning around to get his attention but he just kept walking and didn't stop.

"Did I do something " I thought to myself. I mean come on my my only friend I made I screwed it up just like that. I spent the rest of breakfast tying to figure out what I could have possibly done wrong. Did I say something wrong? Did I hurt his feelings? Did I go to far when I mentioned the death eaters? I honestly couldn't tell you what happened.

As I was finishing my food I looked over where Draco was sitting and made sure his parents weren't there. I finally got the nerve to walk up to him and confront him. When I went to go sit down a group of boys beat me to it. They sat down and acted like I wasn't even there.

"Hey I was going to sit there coconut brain" my nine year old self said. I rolled my eyes and faced Draco. "What the heck is going on Draco, why aren't you talking to me".

He continued to ignore me and keep his focus on the boys.

"Hey guys do you want to go search the house" he said talking to the boys and ignoring me.They nodded there head and got up and left. I stayed there in aw I couldn't believe Draco was like that. I actually thought he was a decent person.

I ran inside my room slamming the door shut and yelling into my pilliow on the top of my lungs. I couldn't even make a friend that lasted longer than a couple of hours. I hated the thought of not being in control. I was actually being nice to someone and this is how they treated me. No wonder my dad is who he is.

I was angry and my nine year old self didn't know how to ontrol that anger nor did I have someone to help me. I layed in my bed for the rest of the day and made sure to promise myself to never let anyone treat me like that. Who needs friend when your end goal is the world, right?

I grabbed a piece of paper from my drawer and wrote a message to myself on it. The writting was messy and scrambled but non the less you could still understnad the message.

"Violet Rose Riddle you must never let anyone treat you like that again. You're the boss and people most fear you. You will never be like your father if you just let people disappoint you by messing with you.No more being nice it wont get you anyhwre you must be you just like dad always says being bad is way more fun".

I finsihed writing and grabbed tape and stuck it to the ceiling right above my bed. As i laid in bed I re read the letter i wrote and had a smirk on my face. As my eyes grew heavy and I fell into a deep sleep.