Chapter 45.

Hey all! Thanks for voting and commenting.  Love reading your comments, my God some of them make me laugh so much! And some of them are so nice, I just wanna reach through the computer and hug you!!

If you comment all the way through, I'll be more motivated to update the next chapter faster.... ;) 

As I disappear into the dancefloor, I try to subtly flick my head over to see if Harry is following me.  I seem to have walked too deep into the crowd as he is nowhere to be seen.  Oh well, I think to myself as the dance music's bass is beating straight through my chest.  I smile to myself and start dancing in the sea of circus people.

"There you are!" Hannah appears out of nowhere with Niall.  I sigh with relief that I actually have someone to dance with now.

After about 4 songs, I suddenly feel someone from behind me put their hands on my hips, relatively tightly.  It must be Harry, I think to myself and spin around with a smile painted across my face, only to have it drop, fast.

Another guy is standing where I assumed Harry was.  He's very attractive, an unmistakable face.  He is one of the knife throwers from the circus.  

"Oh" I manage to get out, shocked at his forwardness.  He put his hands on my waist from the front this time, pulling me in against his chest.

"Excuse me" I say and pull back, "I'm alright, thank you" I try to politely disregard his attempts to dance with me.

I turn around and continue to dance with Hannah, only to have hands on my behind again.

I try my best to ignore him and continue dancing with Hannah and Niall.  

As the next song comes on, I start to feel really awkward.  This knife thrower won't give up and I don't want him to feel like I'm leading him on.

"What's your name?" he yells into my ear to beat the music.

"Belle" I say, intentionally not asking him what his name is.  I look up to his eyes and see a kindness in them.  But a cockiness, all at the same time.

"Ashton" he responds and smiles.  I remember this smile from when he dazzled the audience many a times in their duration of visiting Rosalind.  I would never admit it to Harry, but this guy was really quite endearing, much like Harry.  I distinctly remember him from the show, and I also remember smiling as he performed, secretly hoping he would look over at me. 

Why haven't I noticed him in the backyard though?  A boy this charming, I'm sure I would notice.  Or maybe I've just been too wrapped up in Harry?

Of course, Harry being the ringleader has a much longer lasting effect on the audience.  When you walk out of the Majesty Circus, you most certainly remember Harry's gorgeous charisma first.  

"Okay" I repond to his introduction and turn around to leave the dancefloor and find Harry.

"Leaving so soon?" he says and grabs hold of my wrist.

"Yes" I nod, "I need a drink."

"Not so fast" he says and pulls my wrist so my whole body is yanked back towards him.  I fall into his chest which allows him to grab hold of both of my wrists. 

I look around to see Hannah and Niall have left or dissappeared into the crowd.  Shit.

"Hey!" I say, thumping my fists into his chest, yet it doesn't seem to affect him.

"Come on baby" he says with a smile.  If I wasn't so frightened, I might have found that smile attractive.

"Let me go" I say, pulling as hard as I can, "Please"

Suddenly I feel the grips on my wrist let go.  I look up to see Harry has pushed his way between Ashton and I - they are now standing face to face in the middle of the dance floor, mere inches apart, while I am standing behind Harry, free. 

Shit.  I don't know what is happening, but this isn't good.  They are staring at each other with the most intense expression.   They seem to really hate each other.  And Harry looks mad. 

Really mad.

I jump as Harry forcefully shoves Ashton in the chest.  He flys back, stumbles, but finds his feet.

He yells something at Ashton but I can't hear it, the music is too loud. 

Ashton has a smirk on his face, and says something back to Harry but again, I cannot make out what he said.  Whatever it was, though, infuriates Harry.  He leaps towards Ashton and punches him in the face, before they both fall to the ground in a brawl.

"Oh my god" I scream in terror, unsure of what to do.  I don't want to pull one off of the other, I know I will only get hurt.

Thank God, Zayn and Liam are rushing towards us.  They pick Harry up off of Ashton as two other circus workers hold Ashton back from retaliating.

"What the hell?" I yell, at no one in particular. 

I am beyond baffled - what the hell has just happened!?I rub my wrists and look at them to see they're a little pink from his intense grip.

As Liam and Zayn cart Harry away, I follow them.  We are back at the dark black booth, the boys sitting either side of Harry.  I guess they're sticking around for a bit in case he decides to get back up and finish what he started.

"Thank you" I say to Harry, a little unsure of what's appropriate to say and what's not.

"Just stay away from Ashton" he huffs, "He won't be anywhere near you from now on" he says with a low voice, "I will make damn sure of that."

I open my mouth to ask him about Ashton but notice Zayn looking at me intently, shaking his head subtly.  Whatever this Ashton guy has going on with Harry, sounds a bit deeper than just a friendly dance.    They must have a history, I guess.

"Can you look after your man now?" Liam smiles at me, patting Harry on the back as he assess the situation and Harry's new calmness.

"Yeah" I say, "Of course."

Liam and Zayn leave and it's just Harry and I again, sitting in this damn booth.  Harry's sitting back in his chair, still huffed and looking pissed off.   

I look over to the other booths behind Harry and notice Ashton is sitting at one of the booths with a girl.  Well, he certainly moved on quickly, I think to myself.  He girl is all over him, yet he doesn't seem that interested in her.  

He suddenly cocks his head straight up and stares RIGHT at me.  I sit up, squirm from the awkwardness and look away as fast as I possibly can.  After a few moments, I return my gaze to him to see he is still staring at me intently.    

Well, this whole situation isn't awkward at all.

I try to lighten the mood with Harry who is still seemingly pissed, "I think we're ready for a shot."

He looks up at me with a frown, but it slowly warms up and changes to a subtle smile, two dimples piercing his gorgeous cheeks.  

There he is.  He's back. 

Remember to vote and comment if you want me to update faster :)