11:59pm

I step out of the house, expecting to see Rosa. But she is no where to be seen. I continue walking up Maldito Drive until I hit the end.

At the end of my road there is a little stone cottage, which looks like it has been standing for centuries.

I feel a sudden urge to throw up but I start choking instead. I can't stop myself and my throat feels like sandpaper. I keep choking until something appears at the bottom of my vision.

I stop and my head is forced to look straight at the cottage. My body dead straight, and I have no control over my own movement.

My foot lifts off of the crumbling dirt and hovers in front of my body as if it almost wants to take another step.

Instantly, I am pulled off of my feet and dragged along the ground, scraping my fragile skin along the rocks.

I scream and I pull at the foot that is being dragged, thankfully, I now have full control over my body again. My body gets pulled into the little house and the wooden door slams behind me. I am thrown into something hard inside, a fireplace.

My throat feels raspy as I try to breathe slowly and control my heartbeat. Two fast breaths come from behind me and I spin around on my butt to see if I am really alone at the moment.

A small light appears and moves slowly towards me. A face appears above the flame and I see small dirty hands at the base of, what seems to be, a candle.

It looks like a little boy...

"Hello?"

"Help.... Me" he coughs.

"Why?"

'I can't find mummy, anywhere!" he screams anxiously as a tear of blood drips from his grey lifeless eyes.

"No one lives here" I tell him.

"I DO!"

"Oh"

"Help me find mummy!"

"I can't! NO ONE LIVES HERE!"

A scream escapes his small, bloody face as he widens his eyes. The candle drops from his hands and smashes onto the floor.

The flame continues to flicker as water seeps around my knees and where I am sitting, drenching my white skirt.

I rest my head into the dirt floor and sob in complete shock. Eventually my whole body falls into the puddle of water and I end us tasting my own salty tears. I am used to that lately.

Why me?!