Chapter 7

When I passed out, I started having a weird dream. I could hear the song playing as I walked through the woods.

"Yeah, my heads been trippin all night, I need another point of view."

It's true. I think maybe the lyric was referring to the whole vampire thing and if it was real or not and how Hannah attacked me. Now that I think about it, it's all a bit overwhelming and I'm not so sure if I'm ready to become a vampire.

"I've got a friend who's committed to syfy, he's read every comic, he's addicted to twilight, he'll give you the goosebumps, but he's never lead me wrong."

That explains why Calum has a bunch of syfy tv series dvds in the cabin and why he has all of the twilight books. And the fact that he was able to calm me down and knew when I was upset or how I felt is or was a little bit frightening, but at the same time, he's never done anything to hurt me.

"He said, she's got a method of killing, pulling you in like you're gonna start kissing, fooling around until you've lost all feeling, suckin your blood until your heart stops beatin."

That explains why Calum kisses me and flirts with me a lot, he wanted me to fall for him. Fooling around as in taking me around town and hanging out with him a lot. And maybe when he bit me, I fainted from being so shocked and frightened and overwhelmed and my heart stopped a bit, but I'm pretty sure that I'm ok now.

"Before we started it was over, I feel our bodies getting colder, she gives me, a feeling that I can't fight."

"Before we started it was over.", maybe that resembles how Calum told me about how I was technically the leader of their kind. This was destined, this was meant to be. "I feel our bodies getting colder", might mean that Calum and I are in this together. And the "She gives me, a feeling that I can't fight.", might mean that I like him so much that I can't fight my affection, or love, for him.

After that, I woke up to someone shaking me. It was Ashton.

"What do you want Ashton." I said.

"Shhh. Quiet down." He replied.

"Why? What's going on?"

"The boys and Savanna are sleeping. We're taking turns watching you and Savanna."

"Ashton I can't breathe."

"Yes you can." He said.

I began to hyperventilate.

"Concetrate."

I focused on my breathing, and quickly began to breathe normally.

"Are you ok now?"

"Yes."

"Are you hungry?"

I nodded.

He went into the kitchen and started to make broccoli.

"Why the hell are you cooking broccoli at 3 am?" I asked.

"It's kind of the easiest thing to make so I figured that this...yeah."

"I'd rather nor have broccoli. Can you make toast?" I said.

"Yeah."

It was quiet for a moment.

"Do you want anything on your toast?" He asked.

"I would like to try vegemite if you don't mind."

"Ok. You might want to go talk to Calum. He's a little upset. He's in the last room on the right hand side down the hall next to you."

I got up and went exactly were he told me to go. I saw Calum peacefully sleeping with a box of tissues.

"Calum." I said softly. "Wake up. Have you been crying?"

He nodded a little and rolled over to face me. I sat down next to him and put my hand over his.

"Ashton told me to talk to you."

He was silent for a moment, but the silence was peaceful.

"I thought that I had killed you. I thought that you were dead. I thought that I lost the love of my life, the girl of my dreams. I thought that you were gone and that it was all my fault." He said.

"Calum..."

"I was so hurt. After you passed out, I went out to that tree, our tree, and I carved our initails into it."

I just hugged him.

"I'm ok. It's ok." I said.

He snuggled his head into my chest and I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"It's not okay. I took your life away. And it's really fucking hard to get it back. I've tried to make myself human again, so have the other boys. We've all tried. There is no escaping what we are." He said.

"Calum, I don't care. I'm alive and I'm with you." I said. "I love you."

He looked more shocked than I was.

"You love me?" He said.

"Yeah. I do. I really do. And I always will."

He hugged me again and then held my hand.

"I love you too."

He kissed me, and then it was silent, and sometimes silence can be louder than words or actions. Sometimes silence is the only communication you need.