Ch. 16 - "Seok"

Hoseok gasps out loud in a very dramatic and questioning way, "You what?"

"You heard me," Yoongi mutters. "Don't make me repeat myself."

"No, I can't believe it." Hoseok shakes his head.

"Why? I thought I made it really obvious that I liked you," Yoongi says, playing with his little fingies. "I mean, you did."

"I did?"

"Yeah," Yoongi nods. "I wasn't too sure, but I thought you reciprocated my feelings since I'd always catch you looking my way. Also, because you were jealous of Yugyeom."

Hoseok's cheeks heat up a bit, "I guess I wasn't slick at all."

"You weren't," Yoongi chuckles at him. "But it's not like it's a bad thing."

"Right," Hoseok nods, and there was a slight pause. "So you like me?"

"God," Yoongi rolls his eyes. "Yes! I do! Do you want me to prove it to you?"

Those words came out of Yoongi's mouth without him a second thought, and his face was priceless when he realized what he just said.

"Shit! I mean-" Yoongi covers his mouth. "Never mind, that was- I just blurted that out, but I would prove it to you if you wanted. Or well- I should shut up."

"No, please." Hoseok shakes his head with a small smile. "Keep going."

"Asshat," Yoongi crosses his arms, turning his head to the side to hide his face.

There was a silence between them, like time had stopped. The two didn't say a word or move a muscle, but it wasn't awkward. Nowhere near awkward. More like a... "what now?" moment, you know?

"So," Hoseok began. "Now that we both confessed, what now?"

"I don't know," Yoongi shrugs. "I'm kinda new to relationships. I mean, I liked people in the past... but I never pursued a relationship before."

"Yeah," Hoseok nods. "Me too. And, just so we're clear... do you want to pursue a relationship between us?"

Yoonig looks at Hoseok and meets his eyes, the latter soon regretting what he just said. And before he can take it back, Yoongi nods saying, "I want to, but once again I've never had a boyfriend before. I want to do this right."

"How about this," Hoseok suggests. "I take you out on the date."

"You take me out?" Yoongi snorts. "You don't even drive. I can drive us wherever this date will be, so technically I'm taking you out."

"Whatever, so that's a yes?" Hoseok asks.

"That's a yes," Yoongi nods, hesitating before adding. "Seok."

Hoseok visibly blushes at the nickname. "I've been wanting you to call me that again."

Yoongi smiles and shrugs. "No big deal, really. Oh yeah! I almost forgot."

Hoseok looks at Yoongi confused, watching the male pull out a chocolate bar. The one he bought from Yugyeom.

"It's for you," Yoongi hands it to him. "As an apology for prying a little too much. Just know that I get really talkative and pushy when curious without even realizing it. So next time that happens, point it out to me. And I'll stop."

Hoseok just stares at him. The fact that even though Yugyeom was there asking Yoongi to buy his chocolates, Hoseok was still in Yoongi's mind. And thinking about this, Hoseok knew that there was no need to be jealous.