Ch. 18 - Autumn

Autumn was Hoseok's favorite season. It was the perfect season to wear coats and scarves, take pictures outside with the orange trees and perfect scenery. Then as the month goes on, and the trees become naked with their lack of leaves. It's winter.

It's a nice transition from fall to winter at the end of November, when the first snowfall arrives. And that's only a few of the reasons why Hoseok loved Autum. He can go on and on about his love for the season, but he was too busy with preparing for this first date with Yoongi.

Hoseok turned to Mickey, who was laying down on his twin sized bed. He gestured to his outfit, doing a little spin for the doggo.

"How do I look?" he asks him.

But Mickey only looks at him with his big, puppy eyes that make Hoseok coo. Mickey's head turns to the coat laying on his chair.

"I know," Hoseok nods. "It's chilly outside, I'll bring a jacket."

After that, Hoseok goes to the bathroom to style his hair. He styled his hair a certain way, revealing a bit of his forehead. Just a little peak, like a lil tease. He was told many times that he had an attractive forehead whenever he styled it this way, so he was confident with how his hair looked.

Maybe one day Yoongi would be lucky enough to see more than a bit of his forehead.

And I'm talking full on forehead. But yeah, think what you want.

Usually it was Dawon who's style his hair on special occasions. Not that Hoseok would go anywhere, but during family get-togethers. The aunts and uncles being the ones who complimented him, while cousins teased him on how much he's grown up into a fine, handsome man. He was younger than most of them.

He sighs when he thinks of his sister again. She can never leave his mind. No matter what he was doing, she'd always somehow appear in his brain again. Then Hoseok can't stop thinking of her, and those feelings of guilt comes back.

Because he knows that she could be the standing right behind him, styling his hair the way she always does it. Calling him handsome, and teasing him about his upcoming date to the point where he'd kick her out of the bathroom and do his hair himself. She'd help him pick out clothes that'll look good, and she would still be playing that finished song she composed herself.

If he weren't the one driving that night, she could be alive and breathing at this moment. If it weren't for him, they wouldn't have moved.

He wouldn't have met Yoongi and the others,

Hoseok shut his eyes tightly, leaning down on the bathroom counter. He always did his best to block out these thoughts and hold back his tears.

When he opens his eyes again, he looks at himself in the mirror and unclenches his fist. There was a slight stinging pain from his nails digging into his palm, but he ignored it. When he looked in the mirror, he saw himself as a murder.

Ding!

Yoongi: finally found something to wear after hours... how are things going on your end?

...

Hoseok: perfect