10. THE ROYAL BALL

okay just realized I never ever stated we were related to Yuyu. LMKwDJ WHATS WRONG WITH ME ??

The ball had been going smoothly. 

As much as Katsuki seemed to want me by his side, his burning gaze, his insistent trailing behind me, the constant game of cat and mouse we were playing. 

Though, he could never catch up. I was too quick on my feet, too charming and quick-witted to get out of any conversation he joined. I had finally lost him once again after about five minutes of introducing myself and quickly fleeing when I caught a glimpse of his crimson eyes.

I could tell it was driving him insane. He wanted to talk to me, he needed to say something that he was so clearly going to blurt out due to his impatient manner if I kept up my act.

I smiled to myself, happy with my performance. I adjusted the crown on my head though my track stopped cold when I heard an all too familiar voice.

My grin grew wide as I saw Todoroki in his familiar princely outfit. I stepped forward on instinct, throwing my arms around his shoulders in a tight hug. "Oh my god, Shoto, it's been forever," I stated with a smile. He just reciprocated the comforting embrace or a moment before pulling away. 

"It's only been months, princess," He stated formally.

With a roll of my eyes, I softly punched his shoulder. "(Y/N)," I corrected, seeing his soft smile and gaze sent a wave of comfort through me. The warmth of familiarity swarmed my heart as I quickly dropped my hands to my sides, just staring at him with a big smile. He gazed back, though we seemed to both tense up at the sight fo Bakugou approaching us both. 

I saw Katsuki's mouth open to speak, he was about eight steps away before I turned on my heels quickly, wrapping my arms around Todoroki's and pulling him slightly. "Why don't we go see your parents, hm? I'd be delighted to see them again," I stated.

The foreign smile was placed on Todoroki's lips once again as he guided me to where they weee both seated. This would buy me enough time because I knew Katsuki definitely wasn't rude enough to interrupt me in a conversation with old friends. 

Rei, Todoroki's mother, had made eye contact with me when I was only a few steps away from their table. She excitedly stood up, her dress as white as snow, flowing around just like her beautiful hair. Endeavor caught wind of this, glancing over. His eyes widened as well as he stood up alongside his wife.

I narrowed my eyes, those two had never been on speaking terms...but lord endeavor seemed to have changed. His entire demeanor wasn't so terrifying...and he was actually smiling?

"Oh, (Y/N), it had been too long, hasn't it?" She asked, hands on my face instinctively. I smiled back at her, nodding my head at her remark. I couldn't help but glance at the ferocious scar on lord Endeavor's face, which he was quick to pick up.

"Ah, pretty nasty, isn't it?" He asked, seemingly looking away self-consciously as he fingertips ran along the edges of it. I raised my brows, shaking my head as an apology spew from my mouth. "Ah, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare!" I quickly explained, to which he just chuckled. 

He quickly excused it, telling me to sit down and catch up with them. I nodded, agreeing to his suggestion and did exactly that. 

It was constable talking to them, especially when my own parents came over to catch up as well. I groaned when my sisters came over, particularly the two oldest ones. The leaned forward, nearly dragging me from my chair with a bear hug. I groaned, pushing away softly. I stared into the (e/c) eyes that matched my own of Yui, the idlest sister in my family and heir to the throne.