TWO.

kun stares at the boy with delicate features with an eyebrow raised. he can't believe the school is making him do this. they should've gotten an actual therapist not like, their favorite teacher to scold them, jesus. 

"so," kun gulps, "i assume you know why you're here."

dejun shrugs, "somewhat." 

kun sighs, rubbing his own temples, "what do you mean by somewhat?"

"what i mean, " dejun says, leaning back in the creaky old desk chairs, "is i understood that like i fought guanheng or whatever and that's why i'm here but like, in all honesty, i don't see what was completely wrong with that."

"really? you don't see anything wrong with it?" kun deadpans. kun may have seen dejun as his child but man, did he pray for his actual birth parents. 

"i mean he called me a little bitch," dejun shrugs.

kun sighs, "he did not call you a little bitch, dejun. i heard everything that came out of his mouth, i was watching you two." 

"did too." 

"did not." 

"did too." 

kun sighs. what was he even doing arguing with a seventeen year old child? never once did he ever think in his career would he be doing this as an english teacher. 

"he did not," kun states, "i'm already disappointed in you for not bringing the great gatsby. don't make me be disappointed in lying about whatever your soulmate said." 

"he's not my soulmate," dejun says, furrowing his eyebrows, "why would you ever think that?"

"dejun," kun begins, "what colour is my shirt?" 

without any hesitation in his voice, dejun quickly answers, "red." 

a smile slowly reaches his way up to kuns lips and dejun has just now realized what he did. 

dejun groans, crossing his arms across his chest, "first of all, why would you even do that? second off, fuck you." 

kun chuckles, "i know your colour is piss yellow as you've told me before so believe it or not, guanheng is unfortunately your soulmate. " 

dejun groans, sliding down the plastic blue chair he was sat in, "can't i get a refund or something?" 

"you can't get a refund on your soulmate, dejun. that's insane. plus, you can't get a refund for something you never paid for in the first place."

"...shit." 

there's a knock at the dark, hardwood door and both kun and dejun look up to see who's at the door. the door slowly opens and it's guanheng. dejun stares at him with a piercing gaze and gunaheng sighs, 

"i'm not here to talk to you ."

 he says it as if wanting or even thinking about talking to the boy was a disgusting sin that was never to be spoken about. guanheng turns to look to kun, 

"uh, ten said he was going home, so he told me to tell you-" guanheng pulls out a wrinkled folded paper from his back pocket, "see you at home." guanheng squints at the paper, trying to read tens illegible handwriting. guanheng sighs, walking over to kun, "i can't fucking read this." 

kun looks at the paper with a soft smile laid upon his lips, "it says don't stay out too long. it's not that hard to read it." 

dejun peeks up from where he's slumped on his chair, "that's literally not even real writing it's just like, scribbles." 

the writing on the note is like a doctor's note- scribbled lines and circles which was illegible cursive. both guanheng and dejun had no idea how kun read the handwriting. 

kun looks up at dejun, "when you've been with your soulmate for a long time, you get used to it. so," he looks between guanheng and dejun, "you should probably try and get used to it. you're with him for the rest of your life." 

"ew," guanheng says, "i don't want to be with you for the rest of my life."

dejun puts a hand on his chest as if he were offended by what guanheng had said, "fuck you, i'm an absolute gift to be around. you would be so lucky to have me for the rest of my life."

"i would literally kill myself or go insane if i had to be with you for that long. "

"who said you were living long?" 

kun watched the two bicker back and forth, he sighed in his seat watching as the two looked back at him with confusion written all over both of their faces. 

"if you two aren't going to fight, i'll be leaving now." kun says as he slowly gets up from his chair and picks his briefcase up. the boys both look at each other with disdain strong in their eyes and dejun, unable to leave guanheng alone no matter what, gets the last word: "fuck you." 

as dejun walks out the door, with guanheng still standing in the classroom with kun who holds the door open, guanheng replies without a beat, "piss off, shorty."

dejun stops in his tracks and tilts his head to the side with his eyebrows furrowed, "'piss off'? what are we in, england?" he says, completely ignoring the comment about his height, or there lack of. dejun imitates the accent that sounds closer to an indie singers accent rather than a british person, "oi piss off mate! ya fuckin' wanker-" 

kun sighs, watching the scene from afar even though it was cute, he still had to get home, "hey either fight in like two minutes or get out of my class and fight in the parking lot so i can go home, choose one." 

guanheng left the class, dragging his body as if it weighed a million pounds, "come on dejun, let's go beat the shit out of each other in the parking lot." 

kun locked his classroom door, waving goodbye to the other teachers that were still in their classrooms. kun had hoped that the boys were joking and that he wouldn't show up to the two covered in bruises tomorrow because if he did, he did not know the two nor did he encourage it.