SIX.

it could get worse, apparently. 

the minute dejun steps into kuns empty classroom afterschool and the minute he saw kun reading over the essay whilst sat across from him, dejuns eyes began to well up with tears. kun looks up from where he was rereading the essay and the minute he sees dejun, his eyebrows go up and his eyes sparkle- like an angel. 

kun makes his way around the desk and makes himself at the same eye level as dejun. he grips his hands carefully, not wanting to hurt him any further, 

"hey, hey. what's going on jun?" kun asked in a soft, comforting voice which wasn't even all that different from his regular speaking voice. 

dejun cannot even answer because he doesn't know . he doesn't know why he's crying or why he almost lashed out at donghyuck today when in reality he was trying to help probably but god dejun was just so fucking stupid wasn't he? i mean it probably would've helped him if for once he let him speak, not everything had to be about him for fucks sake- 

"is it okay if i close the door?" 

kun voice awakens him from his train of thoughts that would've gone very, very bad within seconds if kun hadn't spoken. dejun nods slowly and as kun gets up to close the door, dejun realizes he hadn't even realized it was open. kun comes back and sits next to dejun. not in front but beside him as if he had no authority now. 

kun leans over the desk and grabs at the essay and looks at the essay then dejun, "i didn't tell you to come here just so i could actually talk about the essay, you know that, right?"

dejun nods. 

kun stares at the essay once again. it was so tender and yet, dejun still claimed he didn't like the other. 

"all this," kun says, still holding the paper in his hands, "yet you still claim you don't love him. why?"

dejun looks up from where he had been previously staring at his hands nervously, "i wanted to feel love without feeling like i was begging for it." 

"so, you acknowledge you love him though?" kun asks and although he's probably trying to get dejun to confess, all he can see in kuns eyes is utter sincerity. 

"i think i like him," dejun finally says and all kun can do is raise an eyebrow in response and reply,

"like? or-"

dejun cuts him off, "i'm afraid to say the stronger word."