III.

Mariana let out a weak mewl as her body began to slowly awaken. Her eyes had been opened for at least a minute, the blinding sunlight shining through the balcony doors. She slowly turned to her left side, seeing the boy that lay across from her on his own bed.

He was fast asleep with his onyx locks carefully parted from his face, showing off his forehead to the girl. He looked peaceful while in a deep sleep, his body encompassed in a dark comforter as his mouth was slightly parted open. She noticed, after scanning over him for a moment that his tummy was slightly exposed. Mateo's milky white skin was a lot lighter compared to her slightly more tan toned skin. She did admire his bravery to sleep in silky pink pajamas, recalling how she wanted to match sleepwear with the boy.

Her mind slowly drifted off, remembering the faint memory of last night's affair's.

Mariana plopped her body down onto the mattress identical to her own, her feet at the head of the bed as she waited patiently for the boy to finally be done.

The attractive female had pleaded and begged with the male to watch a movie with her. She used her seemingly ditzy personality to her advantage, trying to convince him that she just wanted to spend time with him.

When in reality, she wanted to understand the man she was sharing a room with. She was kind to him yesterday night when they came to the room. The boy was exhausted and had been bawling his eyes into her chest for most of their time spent together on the first night. He even fell asleep in her arms and she questioned why she allowed it.

Just reminiscing the moment made her heart pound in her small chest.

'Fuck!' She mentally cursed, breathing slowly to try and bring her body back to working with her instead of against her. 'No. No getting all soft and lovey dovey for this boy. Study him. Learn his intentions first before you get too ahead of yourself.'

After a few seconds of controlled breathing however, she thought about the first night again. She was confused by her own actions. 'Why do I feel... drawn to him?' She questioned, looking towards the bathroom door where the boy resided. 'I know nothing about him but I ran to go and comfort him when he lost it on the floor. Why? Why am I so drawn to you, Mateo?'

As if on cue, the short male stepped out of the bathroom. He was staring right back at Maria, dressed from head to toe in a black set of silk pajamas that she couldn't take her eyes off of.

Yes, he looked good in black but it completely washed his skin out.

"Nope!" She shouted, smiling at him warmly. "Go back and put in a different pair."

"Hell no." He retorted, raising his brow at her sudden bossy nature. "I like this."

"You're not going to be watching a movie with me dressed like a goth 15 year old. Go back and change."

"Who says I wanted to watch some movie with you anyways? You're the one that wanted to spend time with me!" He put emphasis on his last word, daring her with his statement.

Little did he know however that she had him right were she wanted him.

Her mind began to think of a memory, the sensation of agony she felt when she found out about the loss of her family. She pouted her lips, the bottom slightly trembling as her eyes began to water. Her nose turning as red as a cherry as she allowed her tears to flow down her plump cheeks.

'Emotions and men are the same, young Mariana.'

The boy came rushing over, crouching down at her feet. She refused to look into his eyes as he grabbed tightly onto her hands. Mariana slowly turned her head, never letting her eyes meet his.