IV.

The usually excited and energetic lavender headed Malia was worried more so today about testing than the past two days. Apparently all 14 of them have shown bad signs of dehydration these past few days and they were scheduled to be on bed rest down in the sector one testing room for at least the night.

The young girl wasn't very nervous about the bed rest in the room with the other's because staying with Isaias has gotten her accustomed to talking to the guys and befriending the girls better. No. That wasn't her worst nightmare.

Her worst nightmare was the thought of having a needle with a tube of saline attached to it in her fucking arm for more than a few seconds. She hated needles, more than anything hated knowing they were in her arm.

There would be no way she would be getting any rest with a demon needle in her arm.

She stood beside the elder man in the elevator, not realizing how worried she looked until he asked.

"A penny for your thoughts, peaches?"

Usually she would just shrug off the nickname and pretend it had no effect on her but right now she was too worried. Her mind wouldn't block out the pet name, the girl becoming slightly sheepish as he smiled.

'This isn't even fair!' She mentally whined, averting her eyes from his dastardly gaze for a moment. 'He just started randomly calling me a pet name that makes me melt like this and I don't know anything to make him melt as well? How is that fair?! He knows what he's doing but he keeps going anyways...'

Regardless of his teasing, she didn't want to tell him though. She felt a little ashamed of the fact that she is so afraid and honestly, the young woman hates sharing it with people. Most people have rational fears. Of things that can harm you, or places that can cause harm. She feared something that barely caused any pain and wouldn't kill you.

To her, it was pathetic.

"Oh? Don't wanna tell me?" The male shrugged his shoulders, nodding in understanding. "I know, guys suck."

Isaias moved closer, linking his arm with her own as his trademarked heart shaped smile revealed itself to her. "Good thing my dick isn't real! So tell sister Isaias what's up."

Malia giggled at the boys statement, letting out a small sigh as she showed the worry on her face. "Needles. I'm scared of things going into my skin because it just sucks."

"Hey don't worry. We're gonna be in there together, peaches! I got you."

The girl smiled happily at his words, her hands gripping onto his arm tightly. She may be showing him her smile but in all honesty, she was terrified.

Suddenly the doors of the elevator slide open, the girl slightly jumping at the sudden movements. The guards that the group learned were called K-9 units. Turns out they were human weaponized soldiers that act as guards for the facility. They're the new police in their reality and they are actual human clones that don't feel emotions, androids essentially.

The K-9 startled at the pair as if he was longing for a connection like their own, snapping out of his daze when orders were barked in his ear. "Please come with me Test Subject 5, codename Malia as well as you Test Subject 6, codename Isaias."

She let out a sigh, hating being called a test subject with all of her being. The young girl followed along behind Isaias, letting her thoughts run rampant as they made their way down the hall. 'Never forget Malia.' She thought, looking to where her hands gently were tucked against the young mans arm. 'This isn't home. You're just their test subject. Just get through these tests and get the fuck out of here.'