Chapter 42

A few people were asking so here's a little timeline for this AU:

January 2011 – Way of the Ninja

Autumn 2011 – Season 1

Spring 2012 – Season 2

Summer 2012 – Time Off

Autumn 2012 – Rebooted

October 2012 – Jay leaves the team

Winter 2012 – Tournament of Elements

May 2013 – Abby is born

Summer/Autumn 2013 – Possession

Spring 2014 – Skybound

October 2014 – Day of the Departed, they move into the temple

October 2015 – Cole and Seliel get married

March 2016 – Luke and Sylvie are born

February 2017 – Kai and Skylor get married

Spring 2017 – Hands of Time

October 2018 – Beginning of this story

As you can see, I've spread out the seasons. For example, Hands of Time does not immediately follow Day of the Departed. We're currently in the equivalent of Season 8 (the Sons of Garmadon tried to steal the Mask from Borg Tower at Halloween but were stopped by Zane and PIXAL), so Sensei Wu is lost in time. But he will return before the end of this book 😉!

My poll from last chapter – a ship name for Lloyd and Kath – was pretty much tied between Llorine, Lloyrine (my personal favourite) and Llotherine so I guess everyone can just use whatever they prefer 😂.

Today's question: In an upcoming chapter (taking place on NYE), Abby will watch a movie with her babysitters. Which film should she choose?

---

Chapter 42 (Skylor)

Six years ago, Chen's Island

Only one can remain.

My father's words keep playing in my head as I rush up the stairs and then along the seemingly endless corridor.

How could I be so stupid?

Tears are pricking my eyes, but I've long learned to fight the urge – a true warrior doesn't cry! And I have more important things to do now than to wallow in self-pity anyway. So I accelerate my steps as I pass by a few other contestants. When I have finally reached my room, I slam the door shut behind me and slump against it, breathing heavily.

Only one can remain.

The signs have always been there. It couldn't have been more obvious – only ONE can remain.

And one doesn't have to be a genius to know that this number does not include a daughter.

No, my father has obviously never cared about anyone but himself. Not me, not his followers, probably not even the Anacondrai like he always claims. He just wants their powers all to himself.

And there is no doubt that my father will sacrifice anything or anyone standing in his way. Even an innocent... no, I cannot – and will not – let this happen!

Through the thin walls I can hear voices coming from the other side – the Fire master's room. His teammates must be there. Seriously, for a group of supposedly sneaky Ninja, these guys are awful at being quiet. But on the other hand, this is the best chance I get. If I want to do something, I'd better do it now.