4

" Alessandra!" Allie's voice cuts through my thoughts.
" What?" I shake my head to clear it.
" As I was saying," she pauses for a moment and looks at me with a concerned look.
" I'm fine." I say and nod to let her know to continue.
" Okay," she looks out the window as if she was trying to form the words, " When we were separated they took us back to our cells but instead of our original concrete from ceiling to floor cells we were placed in cells with steel bars."
She pauses for a moment and then continues on, " As usual we were surrounded by several guards. Isabelle scooted towards me and took my hand. That's when something happened. I could feel everyone's thoughts that were in that room. Before I could only hear them if I were close to them."
" I could hear them too, " Isabelle interrupted.
" After asking Isabelle if she could hear them too I realized if I could control one mind what if I could control multiple minds. Turned out I could and that's how we escaped."
I took a moment to process everything. " So, you can control more than one mind?"
She nods.
" How?" I ask.
" That's when I found out that I could increase her power just by touching her, " Isabelle said.
" I thought you only had one power and that was speed." I look over at Nathan to see if he was getting any of this at all. He glanced at me and shrugged his shoulders.
" So, if you have more than one power than that means the rest of us could have more gifts too." He suggested from his seat on the floor.
The girls shrugged their shoulders. Suddenly I got an idea. " Do you girls think you could do the same thing once we get inside the building?"
They looked at each other and said together, " Sure I guess so."
" Good," I smile.
" Looks like we have a plan," Nathan declared.
" Time to pack," I say proudly.
" Just wait a moment," Nathan warns. " We need to train before we go."
" What!" I look at him shocked.
" You said if we got a plan we could finally get some work done." My blood starts to boil and I grab him to pull him up. He scrambles up to his feet and away from my grasp.
" Now I know I said that but we have to find out if we have more than one power like Allie and Isabelle." He holds up his hand to stop me from jumping on him.
" Fine." I say angrily and shove past him.
I storm into my room and throw myself onto my bed in tears. Oops. I did not mean to tell you that because I usually don't cry. Oh man this is so awkward. In the middle of my crying a knock came from the door. I wiped my hands across my face.
" Come in."
The door opened just a crack and Nathan's head popped through. Great. I bet he's here to give me another lecture about not jumping into things.
" What?" I ask.
He came in and took a seat on the edge of my bed. " Oh nothing. Just wanted to check on you that's all."
He looked at me curiously.
" Thanks."
" Welcome." He patted my leg and got up to leave.
" Love you."
" Love you, too." He slowly closed the door shut.