5

It was midnight. " Time to go." I told myself.
Slowly turning the doorknob, I looked down the cold and lifeless hallway. It was as quiet as it could be. Just as I expected it would be.
" Okay let's do this."
I slipped through the crack in my door. Quietly closing the door shut I tiptoe down the hallway and into the living room. A groan came from the couch. Stopping in my tracks I look over to see Nathan snoring loudly.
Chuckling I slowly make my way towards the front door. I release a sigh of gratitude as I reach for the doorknob. Turning it slowly I slip through the crack in the door and into the crisp night air. I grab into my backpack and pull out a pair of keys.
" Beep." The lights inside the car light up. I look back at the house and whisper," Goodbye, guys."
I turn away from the house and walked fast towards the car. Popping the door open I slide into the car seat. The dashboard looked up at me brightly just waiting to be turned on. I put the keys in the ignition and start the car. With a jump the car starts to move backwards as I put it into gear.
Slowly I pull out the driveway and shift the car into drive. The headlights light up the blacktop as I drive farther away from the house. It's not long until I'm on the parkway headed west.
" California here I come."