Chapter 22

"What'd you learn, Joshy?" demanded Jonathan, shaking Joshua with his hands around his neck.

"Need... air..."

"THEN BREATHE!!!!"

"Dude. You're choking him," remarked Aidan.

"Oh." Jonathan's face was almost as red as it was when he was around Alexa. Which was very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, red. Redder than a sharpie marker.

"Well..." Joshua summarized all that he'd learned.

"So there's a group called the Diabolos that have ultimate authority, and we won't get picked on because we made the Chaudhary potato plant go boom-boom?" mused Adam.

"Yeah, and WE GOTTA SAVE JULIA SO THAT SHE'LL ACTUALLY NOTICE ME AND KNOW WHO I AM THEN SHE'LL FALL IN LOVE WITH ME AND-"

"Shut up or I will rip your lips off and throw them into the toilet while your face soaks in blood." Melody's words were very clipped, and her eyes seemed to flash red for a second when she said "blood."

"Very graphic," mumbled Minkyu, fearing the girl.

"Anyways, where's Ellen? Shouldn't she be back too if Joshua is back?" Serena observed.

Everyone looked at each other.

"If she was fricking kidnapped I swear to god-" Melody sighed. "Well, only one way to find out."

The group went to where Ellen was investigating, and looked around. "Hey guys? This picture is a bit tilted..." Aidan noticed.

"Ight, check for blood, hair, weapons, anything really. Turn off the lights, I'm going to use the UV light I got." Melody said.

While scanning the walls, they noticed some blood on the picture corner. "Not good..." Adam muttered, looking to Minkyu for comfort before realizing what he was doing and quickly looking away.

"Brainstorm time. Where are some hideouts that we have seen around the school that could be used for keeping a kidnapped girl?"

"Closet?"

"Dishwasher?"

"Cabinets?"

"How about that mysterious door over there? It's kinda open, and it's labeled "top-secret hideout."

"Ight then."

~ ~ ~

Ellen woke up to kids talking. She kept on pretending to be unconscious, so she could eavesdrop.

"What do we do with the girl?"

"Wait for her to wake up, then we can torture and interrogate her."

"Anyways, I'm kinda confused about this whole 'school' situation."

"Of course you are. You're new."

"Then why won't you explain everything to me!?!?!?"

"Just do it."

"Fine! This is the Diabolos Academy, where handpicked students learn how to be evil spy people. They go on missions, where they are forced to do something so bad they could be imprisoned for life. That keeps the students under the Diabolos' control."

"Who are the Diabolos?"

"An organization dedicated to making money and power. The name comes from Luke Diabolos, who started it all. He worked undercover, and made sure that no matter how much power he gained, nobody would know the name Diabolos until the entire world has been taken over. Once we're ready, we'll join the Diabolos."