Chapter Twelve - The proposition

Snow's POV

I stared at him fearfully and curiously as he began to offer me something, “I’ll let you leave on one condition, you must do me a favour” I bit my lip feeling uncertain.

“What is this condition you may ask? Simple really, you must go to Beca’s house and bring her mother to me, if you fail to bring her and decide to try and escape I will find you and torture you to the point where you'd practically beg me to kill you - if you have a tongue anymore” He added staring hard into my eyes. 

"But that's not all oh no, I'll also slowly kill your brother while you watch helplessly and then of course your parents. You wouldn't want anything to happen to your family now would you?" I shook my head, fear overwhelming me completely. "So you understand how important this is and how serious I am. Lovely, I'll let you get some rest and I'll be back in the morning" and with that he walked off.  

I couldn't sleep, neither could Beca. 

Beca's POV

After about 20 minutes Ridge was asleep, Snow was drifting asleep while i was awake and alert. Taking in all the surroundings, noises, sights, sounds and smells. So basically i was just using my senses. I shuddered my body shaking violently, a chill was going through the cave. Goosebumps covered my body in seconds. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, "Good night Snow" I mentally whispered. Although I doubt she heard me, she was already asleep. I shifted into a cat, for some reason feeling like it'd be a good animal to shift into at the moment. I walked around the ropes slipping off my wrists, I stood outside and just stared at the moon. It was a waxing crescent tonight. Someone shifted in the forest and the hair on the back of my neck stood to attention. I slowly backed away running in the cave. Luckily Ridge hadn't awoken and I laid back down. failing into a dreamless and restless slumber. 

I awoke to people shuffling around, did I want to face the fact that I was kidnapped yet? Hmmm no. I curled into a tighter ball buring my face into my legs. I heard someone walking away which I soon recognised was my fathers footsteps. I slowly uncurled my body, stretching. I was still in cat form and I looked around. Ridge was pacing deep in thought, muttering things to himself. He paused and looked at me, then smirked walking over patting my head roughly.

"What's up pussy cat?" He asked and I wagged my tail angrily, feeling my claws come out. "Relax babydoll or I might just forget to feed you" He said amusedly. What the hell, what do  I look like? Some common household pet? Then again.... Never mind. I shifted into a human stretching properly. 

"Where's Snow?" I asked my eyes widening as I looked around quickly.

"Out." Ridge said shrugging having a sip of coffee. Damn that smelt good. 

"Well I better get going then, I'd say nice seeing you again but we both know it wasn't" I said smiling as I walked away. 

"Beca I thought we went through this" Ridge said impatiently, walking behind me.

"You need Snow, you won't hurt her" I said stopping crossing my arms.

"But what about after?"

"Who's to say you won't anyway?"

"Do you really want to put her life on the line for your own freedom?" I sighed knowing he had me there.

I walked back towards him bored. "Can I have something to eat?" I asked crossly. Ridge picked up a bag and pulled out a sandwich tossing it at me and it hit me square in the face and he laughed. I growled slightly and tooks off the glad-wrap biting my sandwich angrily, although happy that I had something to eat.

Once I'd finished my sandwich I felt a bit drowsy, at frowned Ridge, "What did you do?" he shrugged mumbling something about pills as I fell to the ground quickly falling into a deep sleep.

Snow's POV

Early in the morning I was awoken by Beca's father, "Get up" he growled pulling me up roughly, I stumbled slightly blinking sleepily. "What?" I asked looking at him stretching. He rolled his eyes at me and I realized that today was the day. I had to trick Beca's mother, I didn't want to do it. 

I'd figure something out, I'd get away and tell the police - yes that would work.

I swallowed feeling anxious and afraid as I left with Beca's father as she slept still. 

By the time I arrived I was sick with fear and I just hoped I could do this and somehow save Beca.

"Tell Beca's mother that Beca hurt herself and that she is in the cave in the forest, but she only wants to see her. Do you understand me?" Beca's father asked. I nodded and walked to the front door, knocking loudly. I took several deep breathes although it didn't calm me.

A woman opened the door and she looked tired. Quilt spread through me and she frowned, "Can I help you?" She asked softly and I opened my mouth, not finding any words just yet.

Eventually I stuttered, "B-beca's hurt. She um fell when we were in the cave and she uh wants to - to see you. J-just you." I said looking down wringing my hands nervously.

"And you are?" She said her eyes widening, filling with hope as she heard about her daughter. 

"I'm Snow, Snow De Vueve."

Beca's POV

I woke up and was tied to a chair in the cave. I blinked trying to clear my eyes and my face turned sickly white as I saw my mother and Snow tied to chairs beside me. "Mum?" I cried out, tears spilling from my eyes.

"Beca! Sweety, I'm sorry. I couldn't fight him. I'm sorry, I couldn't save you" My mum sobbed. 

I turned to Snow and she looked horrible, her eyes showed guilt and I know she didn't want to bring my mother here - but she didn't have a choice. I would have done the same, I wish I could get out of here. I wish that he would just leave us alone.

I wish.....