Chapter 12: A Holly Jolly New Start

+*+ A/N +*+Oh, looky here

+*+ A/N +*+
Oh, looky here. A re-drawn Precilla. So I guess this is the official design I'm going for? This is honestly me trying to draw the version, which mimilunaok drew, in my style. I dunno. Did I improve?
I honestly need help
+*+

+*+ FREDDY +*+

Freddy felt his heart racing as he gulped. He had never really had to talk to his penguin pal about anything before. Sure, they were very open, but they treat each other's problems lightly. Things never got too serious around them.

    It wasn't a lie to say that they hadn't talked that seriously before though. There were a good number of times when his penguin pal wanted to address something that seemed important, but in the end, everything was taken very lightly.

    Still. That didn't stop Freddy from being paranoid and nervous, eyes widening in fear as he watched his penguin pal enter their shared room, where it would only be the two of them, alone with their thoughts. He knew it was probably be very childish to be afraid of a talk with their best buddy, but he couldn't help it.

He knew Pip like he knew his own mind, maybe even better, and he could never find anyone as trusting or as kind compared to him. That penguin was one of the best birds that had made their way into his life, if it was being honest.

It wasn't that his family wasn't good. In fact, they were definitely much better than other families. His penguin pal could also be family at this point. He even regarded him better than family. He was the only one who ever cared about the flamingo that much. No matter how much his family could try, no one cared as much as him.

   Despite all that, he still found himself nervous. Maybe it was because of the thoughts circulating his mind about how this whole thing could go off in the wrong direction, haunting his mind. It made him feel sick. It made him feel like he had no control over anything anymore.

    Maybe it was actually his fears. Fear that Pip would abandon him once again, like how his many friends before him. He struggled at making friends, and they would usually leave him after a while, not wanting to be friends anymore.

Freddy took a deep breath as he walked over to his bed and sat down, looking at the ground. He shouldn't have done it. He shouldn't have tried helping fix the Baby Tunnel, he shouldn't have tried helping decorate T.O.T.S. This was all his fault. He could feel the guilt already. Of course it was his fault. Pip was just here to tell him.

"Freddy." He didn't expect his penguin pal's voice to be like that. It was gentle. It was soothing. It was understanding. It was the same old tone that the penguin would normally use to address him. It felt like home.