Chapter Three

The audience "ooooohs" as Glimmer turns away, trying to hide her red face.

Clove shrugs, and Cato looks even more uncomfortable. Gale observes all this and snorts, unintentionally loud.

"Who knew that you guys were all helplessly in love?" He says smirking to the careers and everyone else there.

"Shut your pie hole Gale, we all know you liked Katniss, or shall I say LIKE Katniss!" Elaine yells at him, petting Buttercup, whom Prim brought.

Gale turns red and Peeta glares at him from the opposite side of the stage. Angela nods in agreement and surveys the group, stroking her imaginary beard.

"Um, girl over there by that handsome hunk of a man?" Glimmer says flirtatiously towards Finnick, well, as flirtatious as you can be with a giant, bright spotlight on you per Elaine and Angela's request.

Annie rolls her eyes at Glimmer. "Yes?" She says, hoping to distract Glimmer from Finnick.

Effie sighs loudly from the seats, "You know, teenagers are expected to be proper where I come from. I don't even know why I'm here."

Glimmer huffs as Finnick looks away from her, but to be honest, he never did look at her directly.

"What's your name?" Glimmer asks dryly towards Annie.

"Annie Cresta," Annie says politely.

" ANNIE CRESTA AY? SO THAT'S YOUR NAME, YOU FIANCE STEALING ASSHOLE, YOU PIECE OF CRAP, YOU-" the rest of Angela's sentence got covered by loud BLEEEEPs and since she was yelling rather loudly, everyone covered their ears to avoid permanent damage. Except for Elaine who was wincing at the damage being done to her ears but still holding Angela back from strangling Annie. Although her friend's screeching was inhumanly loud, it didn't affect her as much since she was used to these random outbursts.

"Let's keep this PG Angela," Elaine says calmingly. Angela simply glared at Annie even harder, her eyes bulging out of their sockets.

After coaxing Angela back into her director chair, Elaine glared at Finnick, who was shooting daggers at Angela for insulting Annie, then motioned for Glimmer to continue as Angela kept committing eye murder to Annie.

Glimmer asked Annie very boredly, "Truth or dare Ariel."

She examined her perfectly sparkly pink nails as Annie responded quietly, "Dare."

Everybody looks surprised at this, but Glimmer who is sporting an evil grin. She looked like a blonde Cheshire Cat as she said, "I dare you to let me kiss Finnick for thirty seconds."

The audience OOOOOOOHS as Effie's perfectly sculpted left eyebrow jumps up.

Angela and Annie are wearing expressions of pure rage. Though to be completely honest, Annie looked like an enraged bird while Angela more or less resembled a bull. Both looked just about ready to charge at Glimmer, who grinned maliciously at the two of them doing everything they could not to murder her.

Finnick himself was a shade or two greener than usual. He looked towards Glimmer in disgust, and she simply sent him a flirtatious smile.

"Hey Elaine!" Finnick calls. "Is it against the rules to stab someone?"

Elaine who is currently using all of her body weight to sit on Angela to prevent herself from having to do all that paperwork if Angela is released, says against gritted teeth, "As much as I would love to say yes, I've promised to return you all in one piece so no."

Finnick looks around desperately. He couldn't make Annie take off a piece of clothing as she was only wearing a
simple green dress.

"Annie can disqualify herself though, then Glimmer won't spread her diseases," Elaine continues. She then shifted to a more comfortable position than wrestling Angela down.

Annie immediately quits the game and goes into the audience and sits in the front row, reserved for "retired players," as Glimmer rolls her eyes and mutters a few curses under her breath.

This catches Katniss's attention and she mocks Effie, whispering, "Profanity!" to Peeta in a high pitched Capitol accent.

Peeta chuckles a bit and whispers back, "Watch your mouth young lady," in his own rendition of Effie's voice.

This doesn't get unnoticed by Effie, who shakes her head disapprovingly and scowls.

Elaine cautiously peels herself off Angela, testing to see if she will bolt towards Glimmer. When no movement comes from her, she gets up and helps Angela up as well.

"Since Annie is disqualified, Katniss will go." Angela declares.

The spotlight immediately switches to Katniss. Who doesn't react. She surveys the people left - Peeta, Prim, Rue, Johanna, Finnick, Gale, and the four careers.

She turned towards Rue, "Rue, truth or dare?"

"Truth," Rue grins up at Katniss, standing in her signature bird-like stance.

"What is one thing you did in the arena no one knew about?"

Rue thought about it for a minute. And for some absurd reason, Elaine and Angela were whispering on the other side of the stage.

"I fed some of the mockingjays." She said sheepishly.

"CALLED IT!" Someone yelled loudly.

Everyone turned to discover that it was indeed Angela, who was cheering.

"You owe me a boba."

Elaine groaned and gave her the money for the boba, and Angela snatched it out of the air and went on to daydream about her daily boba fix.

After Rue got the attention of everyone, she quickly selected her next victim.

"Truth or dare.."