5-𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑠

I was focused on the books in front of me copying down a bunch of terms for potions class. The library was relatively busy as usual. Still with the occasional hums and whispers from groups of students and quills writing. I jumped a bit at the sound of a bag landing on the table beside my books.

"You're a hard girl to track down Barrett." I looked over to meet a pair of silver eyes.

"You know my last name?" I asked looking away from the fluffy haired boy to avoid blushing more than I was. I couldn't help it he was one of the most attractive boys I've met. He let out a slight scoff.

"The whole school knows who you are. You've made quite the impression since partnering with the twins." He was fully turned to face me.

"So how am I hard to track down than?" I'm surprised my mouth was able to form words right now.

"I don't know. Maybe you trying to avoid me has something to do with it." I stopped writing. It was true I had been avoiding him this past week. I was still embarrassed from falling off the broom and getting yelled at in front of him.

"Sorry." If he wasn't right next to me he might not have been able to hear me. "I guess I'm just still a bit embarrassed about running away from you when we met and then lying to you when I ran into you in the hallway and then the whole broom accident last week." I noticed how much of a fool I've looked like infront of him as I listed all of our encounters. I heard him laugh a little.

"I actually thought the whole broom accident was pretty cool." I looked up at him shocked and he smiled. "I mean not many first years have the guts to mess with a Slytherin prefect."

"Really?" I brightened up a bit and felt a new wave of confidence. He chuckled and nodded.

"I don't lie." I starred into his silver eyes which always seemed to carve into my own blue ones. It's like he had this trance over me that I just couldn't break. I don't think I really wanted to either. "Come on." He swiftly stood up and grabbed his bag.

"What? Where are we going?" I asked flustered by the sudden movement.

"It's a surprise."

"I don't like surprises." He smirked a little and then held his hand out.

"Just trust me." I looked up at him for a second before placing my hand in his. I could've sworn there were sparks flying around our hands when they connected, but it was probably just me. He smiled wider and started leading me out of the library and then out of the school. We walked down to a tree right by the lake and he sat down next to it. He patted the ground next to him and I sat down by him. "See nothing bad just a good spot to think." He stared out at the sun setting behind the trees. The colors reflected on the lake making it have orange and pink ripples. This school really did have some beautiful scenery.

"So what do you usually think about?" I asked picking some of the grass around me. I noticed he sighed a bit. I looked over to see him deep in thought. The smile that was usually there had faded a bit. It was unlike his usual positive nature.

"Anything really I guess. Sometimes I come here to not think at all." I scrunched my brows together. "What?" He chuckled at my confusion.

"I just didn't think you were the type of person to need to get away from anything. I mean everyone loves you here the teachers the students. Heck I think you've even won some Slytherins over." I looked back over at him but he was looking down at the grass now. I frowned to myself a bit. Did I offend  him? "I'm sorry that was meant as a compliment." He quickly shot me a smile.