8-𝑑𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑑𝑜𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑚𝑦

The rest of my first year flew by. As happy as I was to be going home for a bit I was also dreading today. I've gotten so used to spending everyday with my friends. Waking up and plotting various pranks and jokes to do with the twins. Meeting with Cho between classes and to study. Staying up too late with Katie telling each other all the gossip we had picked up. And of course there was Cedric, I had gotten pretty close to him these past couple months. It was usually us and the twins walking around together. It had taken a while for Cedric to get used to the weasleys, even though he had known them a year longer than me he never really got to know them before. He knew how important they were to me though so he really started to make an effort to see them as more than just the school pranksters. Maybe its stupid but I think our group is really starting to feel like a family.

"Saf come on we're gonna be late for the train!" I snapped out of my wallowing and quickly zipped up my last bag. I rushed downstairs and met with the red haired boys. Not only the twins but Charlie and Percy too. "Ready to go?" Fred asked grabbing my hand. I nodded and we all headed out of the school towards the carriages. I kept scanning over the incredibly crowded hallways trying to find my brown haired Hufflepuff. I hadn't seen him at all today and I don't want to leave without at least saying goodbye. I tugged on Fred's hand to gain his attention.

"I can't see over everyone and I'm trying to find Cedric." I explained. He smiled and nodded before looking around for him.

"I found him." He stated. "But before I tell you where you have to answer a question." I pouted and groaned. "Are you ever going to admit you like the boy?" I felt my face heat up a bit and stammered for words.

"I don't like him, he's just a good friend." He rolled his eyes. I really don't think I like him in that way. Sure I find him attractive but we really are just good friends.

"Whatever. Come on." He led me and the other boys over to where Cedric was with a few of his other housemates. One of them nudged him and he looked up and over at us. A smile grew on his face.

"Hey Saf, Weasleys." He greeted. "Hey it's six to a cart so I was wondering if I could ride with you guys?" He looked between all of us.

"Of course." I immediately agreed.

"Hold on I say we take a vote." Fred teased before George slapped his head.

"What he means is that sounds great." Cedric laughed at the twins usual banter. We all walked down the line of carts til we found a free one and piled in. We made small talk until we got to the train station. We stayed in our group there as well but Katie and Cho joined us. Cho was telling me and Katie about the trip to France her parents had planned. Cedric was having fun talking to Charlie about his plans now that he's finished school. It was so weird to think about finishing school. It seems like eternities away from now. The twins and I told them about the ideas we have for next year. Percy would remind us every now and then that he's a prefect but the twins only said that was something in our favor. It made me happy when the twins would mention involving Cedric. He always got a bit of a twinkle in his smile when planning pranks. The time passed so fast before we knew it the train was coming to a halt. We got up and gathered our stuff before making our way onto the platform. It was the moment I was almost hoping wouldn't come. I know I'd be back by the end of summer but what if the twins forget about me in that time, what if Cedric does. What if next year isn't at all like what me and the others just talked about. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and met soft grey eyes.

"My family's that way." I frowned when he pointed the opposite way that my parents were waiting for me. We had to part here. Right now. Before I knew what I was doing I wrapped my arms around him. He paused for a second before embracing me. I felt him chuckle a bit.