14- 𝑂𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑝𝑡.2

Today was the first Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff quidditch game that me and Ced were going to be playing against each other. I was excited to finally be able to show him how my skills have improved but also nervous to be on the field with him. I tend to get distracted by him quite often.

"Saf!" I heard my name called and looked over at the entrance. Cedric was peaking around the corner and I laughed.

"What are you doing you cant be here." I tried to be serious but couldn't help but laugh a bit. He jogged over to me.

"I know I know, but I wanted to wish you good luck." I felt myself blush at how close he was to me. "You're gonna do great today." He smiled before placing a quick kiss on my forehead. Footsteps started approaching and we both looked over.

"You have to go." I giggled and pushed him towards the exit as he laughed.

"Ok ok I'm going. See you on the field." He called as he snuck back out. Thank god we got distracted before he saw how red my face had gotten.

"Saffron are you okay you're face is as red as a tomato." Oliver came over and placed his hand on my forehead. I quickly nodded.

"I'm fine I had just been doing some warmup drills that's all." He raised an eyebrow but the shrugged.

"To each their own I suppose." He said before huddling up with the team.

We lined up by the entrance to the field waiting for our cue to fly out. I could hear the crowd from here which always made me a bit nervous. During the first game it was enough to make me almost throw up. I heard the announcer start to announce us and got into my broom. The twins both gave me fist bumps.

"I swear to god if either of you let me get a bludger to the face in front of Cedric I will make you suffer." I whispered to them. They both looked a bit frightened and nodded.

"GRYFFINDOR!!" The announcer yelled and we all flew out onto the field getting into position. I saw Ced and Harry up in the sky. This should be good, they're both so fast.

The match was currently tied up. Fred and George had been making most of the goals so far. A Hufflepuff chaser was heading towards our goals. Me and Katie looked over at each other and nodded a bit before chasing after her. Katie flew super close below the girl causing her to lose grip on the quaffel, with me there to catch it. I had a clear path now since the rest of them had headed to our side of the field. I zoomed by the goals throwing the quaffle right past the keeper and into one of the goals. The crowd erupted and the twins came over and circled me a bit to celebrate my goal. I looked up and saw Cedric smiling over at me, his attention was quickly diverted when something shiny zoomed past me. Oh boy. He started after it and so did Harry. The crowd stayed on their feet to watch this. The boys were neck and neck for most of the race, until one sharp turn that Cedric was more prepared for giving him the lead. He quickly reached out and grabbed the small golden object before landing and proudly holding it up. We all flew to the ground feeling a bit disappointed. But the look on cedrics face managed to make me smile still. The crowd was chaos once again, this time chanting for Cedric.

I made my way out of the locker rooms and saw Cedric in a heard of Hufflepuffs. I debated going over to him but decided to let him have his time to celebrate with his team. I continued walking back to the castle enjoying my own silence. Although we lost I was pretty proud of how we played. I felt two arms wrap around me and lift me up before spinning me around. When I was set back down I whipped around to face a smirking Cedric.