6-𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑔𝑒

Cedric has been giving me extra lessons on broom flying. I think he likes that we have to sneak around to practice since I'm not supposed to outside of class. I can tell he craves a little rebelling, he gets the same look in his eyes that I have when I do pranks with the twins. But I had told him that I want to be on the quidditch team next year which is already a long shot for a second year but Cedric is already an amazing player so maybe his lessons will help. It's also an excuse to spend time with him more. I was actually finding it super easy to talk to him now.

I made my way around the quidditch field and into the little clearing area that me and Cedric met at. he was already there with two brooms. He had made himself comfortable against a tree seemingly reading a piece of paper in his hands. He looked deep in thought.

"Anything interesting?" He quickly snapped out of his focus and looked up at me a bit confused. I motioned towards the paper. He simply shook his head.

"Just a letter from my parents." he folded the letter back up and put it in his pocket. His glum expression was still present. He looked back over at me and must've noticed my concern. "They're just a bit disappointed about my last potions test score." He shrugged a bit.

"What'd you get?" I sat down next to him.

"85%" I raised an eyebrow.

"And they're disappointed?" he nodded again. "Either you're lying about your score or your parents are insane." He finally cracked a smile and laughed a bit. "That's an amazing score Cedric." He smiled but shook his head a bit. "Well it might not mean much but I'm proud of your score." His eyes shot up looking into mine. He seemed to give me a questioning look for a split second but then flashed his amazing goofy smile at me.

"Thanks Saf." He stood up and held his hand out to me. "Come on lets get to flying." I accepted his hand and stood up.

We had been practicing by weaving around trees for a good couple hours now. It was starting to get a bit darker so we knew we should start heading back to the castle for dinner. We were still in the air on the brooms catching our breath from the laps we had done.

"Those turns are getting a lot tighter. I feel like a proud teacher." He made an overly proud facial expression causing me to laugh at him. Our laughs were quickly broken up by someone shouting at us from below.

"What're you students doing flying this late?!" We glanced down to see the booming voice was Hagrids.

"He probably cant see our faces." Cedric whispered. It was rather dark and we were fairly high up. We both looked at each other and as if we were both reading each others minds we both agreed on what to do.

"Run!" We both stated before speeding back to the castle on the brooms. We had heard Hagrid yell something but were too focused on getting away from him. We landed outside the side of the school in a fit of laughter.

"Did you see his face?" He asked in between his laughs.

"No I was a little busy speeding away from him." I nudged him still laughing. He rolled his eyes.

"come on lets get to the dinning hall before he catches up." He took my hand in his and headed into the school. I expected him to let go of my hand like he usually does once I'm following him but he didn't. He kept his hand tangled with mine.

There are so many words and so many languages in this world and yet I don't think there are any that could describe my hatred towards Umbridge. I think anyone in this school would agree with me when I say she's basically the devil in an old lady suit. We're only a bit into the school year and She's already made up new and ridiculous rules for the school. I could tell it was really pissing off the twins. As much as they would love to have new rules to find their way around Umbridge would just make up new ones on the spot to help her case. I was currently in DADA trying to block out her nails on a chalkboard of a voice.