Sun

"Don't come in."

All of the members were there, even Seonghwa, who still had bruises all over his body. They stood at the doorway, behind a half closed door that led to Yunho's hospital ward.

They had to wait until visiting hours before coming, so they returned home after that eventful night, barely got any sleep, and then cleaned themselves up to look more presentable.

Jongho peeked inside.

Yunho was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling. A thin blue blanket covered his body. His arms laid on top, so Jongho could see the tube coming out of the back of Yunho's hand that connected to an IV drip. Next to his bed was a really simple cabinet, and on it a plain pitcher and an even plainer cup sat on top of a plastic tray. The pitcher was full, and the cup was upside down. On the other side of the bed, there were some neatly folded clothes on the chair meant for visitors. Jongho knew at first glance that they belonged to Yunho.

If you ignored the clothes and Yunho on the bed, the room looked untouched.

Jongho's gaze lingered on his brother's side profile for a while. "I'm coming in." He turned around and mouthed at the others stay outside, then stepped inside quietly, gripped the metal handle, and carefully slid the door close.

"I told you not to."

Jongho picked up the stack of clothes and put them on his lap as he sat down. Yunho shuffled and turned to his side so he wouldn't have to face Jongho. He hissed and touched the side of his abdomen, where the wound was.

"Does it hurt a lot?" Jongho stared at the back of Yunho's head, the brown hair. When he shifted his gaze he spotted his hands resting on the pile of clothes. He had unconsciously clenched them. Why was he nervous?

Yunho shook his head.

Suppressing the urge to sigh or shout or do both, Jongho thought of another way to start the conversation. "Everyone's waiting for you outside."

Yunho laid still. He was facing a window, but the bed was too low for him to look outside in this position. He could only see the blue sky. "Tell them to leave. I don't want anyone to comfort me. I know I made a huge mistake and you being here just makes me feel worse."

"You wouldn't have let me in if you really don't want me to." Jongho's fists unclenched.

Yunho took a moment to reply. "I don't want to use my powers on insignificant things."

"Like pushing me outside?" A smile formed on Jongho's lips. "Don't you want to know what happened?"

"You're fine. That's all I need to know. At least I can feel less guilty."

"Someone was conducting a secret research on superpowers-"

Yunho turned over suddenly. He lied on his back again. "I don't care."

Jongho was slightly upset from being interrupted, but Yunho tilted his head and when their eyes met a moment of understanding crossed between them.

"Yea. Why care so much?"

Jongho reached for the pitcher and poured water into the cup.

"I don't want water." Adjusting the bed, Yunho sat up anyway, wincing as he did.

Jongho set down the pitcher with a clunk and blinked at Yunho. "Who said it was for you?" Then he took a long gulp, exaggerating the sipping noises.

Yunho's eyes were fixed on the cup. When Jongho tilted his head backwards to pour in the last mouthful, Yunho gave the cup a little nudge.

Jongho choked and pulled the cup away from his mouth. The lower half of his face was wet, and some water was dripping off his chin.