Chapter 5 - Sophie (Part one)

Author's Note: Hey guys!! Thanks so much for 300 reads! I'm going to be posting in Keefe and Sophie's perspectives mostly now so the story can move faster and we can get to the action. This next chapter is going to be about the council meeting, and I hope you enjoy it!

"Bye Mom!" Violetta called as she was pulled away by the warm light that would take her to Foxfire.

"Bye honey! Good luck!" Sophie called back, waving in her shimmering turquoise dress. Her hair was all brushed back and set with soft waves that curled down her shoulders. She usually didn't like getting so dressed up, but since there was the council meeting, she had changed into a silky blue dress that sparkled in the sunlight. Her hair had been all combed and curled as well. All that was left was waiting for Keefe.

She started down the winding stairs to the third floor, pulling a strand of hair behind her ear. The fourth floor was where the Leap Master was located. It was just a thin turret that was used for light leaping through the Leap Master.

She loved the way the stairs winded down, almost mystical in a way. The whole house had been crafted out of moonstones, which gave it a heavenly glow when moonlight landed on it. She had specifically loved this house because of it, and Keefe enjoyed the warm comfort the house seemed to radiate. Even though the house was big, at least for Sophie who still couldn't wrap her head around the enormous wealth of the elves, felt at home with the lace curtains that let the sunlight pool through, and the soft couches and beds.

Suddenly a loud crash sounded from their bedroom, followed by Keefe crying, "I'm okay, I'm okay!".

Downstairs on the third floor was where all the bedrooms were located. The large mahogany double door that marked the entrance to their bedroom soon came into view as Sophie came down the stairs. The hallway on the third floor curled around and with bedrooms lining both sides of the hall. On one side were the girls' bedrooms, and a single guest bedroom for Grady and Edaline. On the other side were numerous guestrooms for her friends.

Sophie had almost reached the bottom of the stairs, when she tripped on her stupidly long gown, and fell forwards, barely catching herself using levitation. But all too soon she lost her grip and landed on the floor on her knee. "Augh!" She grumbled, pulling herself off the ground, dusting off her cape and dress.

"Are you okay Sophie?" Keefe called, pushing open the mahogany doors to find Sophie twisted in her numerous layers of tulle and cape.

"Yeah." Sophie said as Keefe helped pull her up.

"You and the stairs," Keefe joked as he helped straighten her cape.

"Mhm." Sophie didn't even bother responding to that.

"Well, you do look pretty, even when you keep tripping yourself. " Keefe teased with a wink. Sophie smilied, but she couldn't help noticing the slightly dark bags under his eyes. After last night, Sophie ended up staying up most of the night worrying over Keefe. He definitely seemed to be hiding something from her, and it pained her to not know. What ifs circled her head as different scenarios of what could be worrying Keefe appeared in her head, and she had to rub her forehead to calm the rush of panic.

"Sophie?" Keefe asked, gently shaking her shoulders. "Are you alright? You didn't hit your head or anything right? What's wrong?"

Sophie shook her head, before looking straight into Keefe's eyes. There was so much that was wrong, even though life was so right. She wanted to ask Keefe what was going on, what he was keeping from her. But asking that would make it seem like a reality. Sophie didn't want to believe that Keefe was hiding something. So when she opened her mouth, all that came out was, "I'm okay."