Chapter 12 - Help

Quinns Pov:

We're now at my house and I help Sam inside.

"Quinn, is that you?" I hear mom ask.

"Yeah mom!" I yell back.

"Why are you already here?" She asks while walking into the living room to us.

"Oh my god, what happened?" Mom asks when she saw Sam.

"Um..some guys in school.." I start but stop when mom rush into the bathroom.

She came back after a few seconds with a first aid kit. Mom mention me to help Sam on the couch, which I did.

Mom sits down on Sam's other side, places the first aid kit on the table and open it.

She then starts treating Sam's face which makes Sam whimper quietly. I quickly reach out for her hand and she holds onto it tightly.

I turn my whole body to her back and wrap my arm around her shoulder from behind. I then scoot closer to her until my front is pressed against her back and I lay my cheek against her shoulder.

"It's okay, Sammy. I'm here." I whisper and she slowly relaxes.

After a few minutes mom was finished with Sam's face and then gets up.

"Okay..Sam, you need to take off your shirt so I can look at the bruises on your stomach." Mom says and Sam nods.

I pull away from her and she takes off her shirt, leaving herself in her spots bra.

"Can you lay down on your back?" Mom asks and she nods.

Sam then lays down on her back with her head on my lap. Moms phone then suddenly rings which makes her look at me. "Quinn can you please hold the ice pack on her stomach until I'm back?" Mom asks and I nod.

She then hands me the ice pack before getting up to her phone. I carefully place the ice pack on Sams stomach which makes her whince so I quickly pull away.

"I'm sorry." I say nervously and Sam smiles softly.

"It's okay, Quinn." She replies and I nod slowly.

I then carefully place the ice pack on her stomach again and quickly grab her hand for support.

"I'm so sorry, Sammy." I croak out and she sighs.

Sam then suddenly lets my hand go and pushes my other hand away from her stomach and sits up. She turns around so her body is completely facing me on the couch and grabs my hands.

"Stop saying sorry like it's your fault." Sam says and squeezes my hands.

"B-But it is kinda my fault a-"

"It's not your fault that I like you and don't want to stay away from you!" She interrupts me and immediately blush after that.

"You like me?" I ask with a wide smile which makes her blush more.

I then let one of her hands go and place it on her not bruised cheek.

"I like you too." I say and her eyes widen.

Sam's face then soften and she slowly leans towards me which makes my eyes go wide.

"Okay I'm back." I hear mom suddenly say which makes Sam pull away.

"Guys haven't you listen to me? Sam you have to lay down." Mom says and Sam quickly lays down again.

*****

Mom is now finished with treating Sam and we're now just sitting on the couch while mom is bringing Will his car again.

"So..what do you wanna do?" I ask and Sam lays her head on my shoulder with a sigh.

"Sleep?" She answers which makes me chuckle.

"You can sleep if you want?" I tell her and she lifts her head.

"Really?" Sam asks and I nod with a smile.

She smiles too and then lays down on her back with her head on my lap. She then closes her eyes and I place my hand on her head and brush my fingers through her hair.

"Hey Sammy." I whisper and she hums in response.

"Marko is coming over later and he's driving you back to school so you can get your motorcycle." I say and she nods while yawning.

"Okay." Sam mumble while turning on her side.

"Or we could just let it stay there and you drive it home after school tomorrow?." I suggest.

"I like that idea." She repliesnwhich makes me chuckle.

"I'll text Marko that he doesn't need to come over then." I say.

"H-He can still come over and hang out, if he wants." Sam replies and I smile.

"Okay."