01 - Hardcovers

The bell rings once more. I widen my eyes. They ring the bell twice to make sure we're in the classroom on time.

"We're not in the classroom! We're not in the classroom! We're not in the classroom!" I say, desperate, getting up from the floor.

"Calm down! Uh... what's your name again?"

"Sherwin!!!"

Jonathan also stands up and holds my hands.

"Sherwin, you need to calm down," Jonathan says, and I stare at him while he stares at me; I start laughing.

"What is it???" Jonathan panics.

"No, it's just..." I stop talking for another laugh. "...you look so cute trying to calm me down."

"Oh, really?" Jonathan smiles, blushing. We both stare at each other for a little while.

"OH NO! THE CLASS!" I exclaim, putting my hands on my head. Jonathan and I hold hands and run to the classroom. The door was closed, and we were both afraid to open it.

"She's the worst teacher in school! What do we do?" Jonathan whispers.

"I don't know! I don't have the courage to knock on the door!"

We hear footsteps coming from the end of the hallway.

"HEEEEY, GUYS!!!" Alice shouts, approaching.

Alice is Jonathan's crazy friend. She's huge — as tall as him — with long, curly, dark brown hair. Everyone thought she was the "hottie of the school." I've seen the two of them close ever since I started crushing on the guy.

"Hey, Alice! How are you?" Jonathan hugs his friend.

"I'm great, and you, firehead?" She referred to me, I think.

"H-hi!" I wave while smiling at her.

"Aren't there classes going on? Why aren't you in the classroom?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing! The pretty one also has class, which is in the same room as ours." Jonathan scolds his friend.

"I went to buy a slice of red velvet cake nearby and got distracted by the rain. The raindrops fascinate me."

"Uh. It's not raining."

"Oh, Johnny, let me live!" The girl peeks through the classroom door's window. "Ugh! It's Miss Celine! Want to ditch class?"

"Actually, I want to kill this teacher." Jonathan jokes, and we all laugh.

"Great idea," says Alice, determined.

"Wait, what?!" I ask, my heart racing.

"ALICE, WAIT! I WAS JOKING!" Jonathan tries to hold his friend back, but fails.

The girl grabs several heavy books from her locker and opens the classroom door, throwing them at Miss Celine's head and body, knocking her to the ground and making the whole class scream. Alice walks into the classroom strutting with her cleavage while Jonathan and I are paralyzed at the door. Everyone stops screaming and starts applauding the girl.

"How does she do it?" I ask Jonathan.

"Dude, she's the most popular girl here. If she farts, everyone will want to smell it." I look down in disgust at this while laughing with Jonathan.

"Oh, well... Another day being the school hottie!" she smiles with her hands on her hips, looking at all the students in the class.

Miss Celine gets up, and the whole class goes silent:

"WHAT IS THIS???!" she screams so loudly that the school shakes and the classroom light flickers.

Jonathan and I run into the classroom, dragging Alice to the back, and we sit in random desks, but close to each other.

"That was close, guys!" Alice whispers. "I think she didn't see us."

"WHAT A LACK OF RESPECT! I'M LEAVING THIS PLACE, YOU BRATS!" The teacher punches the wall, breaking it, and leaves the classroom through the door. No one had ever seen her that angry.

"Oh my God..." A random kid in the class is shocked by the situation.

The students start packing their things and leaving the classroom.

"Hey, Victor, did I miss much today?" Jonathan asks the boy in the desk in front of his, who was part of his cool group.

Victor looks at him seriously, stands up, and leaves the classroom, ignoring him. Alice and I watch the situation. Jonathan is confused and sad for being ignored by his buddy.