chapter 7

it's just a scratch

i ran as fast as i could but i ended up falling down during the process and scrapping my knee

i ran as fast as i could but i ended up falling down during the process and scrapping my knee. i was only running because some bullies were running after me like always but i've seemed to lost them. i made it to the bridge where there was a lake under it. i looked down to see my favorite koi fish and forgetting the pain in my knee. i loved the feeling of the breeze hitting my face and my hair getting blown by the wind sometimes because it's calming. i let out a small sigh than i felt a tap on my shoulder and jumped a little bit. i looked behind myself and it was dean. i wondered what he wanted?

"hi felix. what are you doing here?" he asked me and i just shrugged not really feeling like talking. i went back to looking at my fish and dean just stood next to me. "not talking huh? anyways what happened to your knee? it's bleeding and you're just standing here peacefully" i looked at my knee and noticed i was bleeding more than before but it didn't really matter to me "it's just a little scratch, it doesn't really hurt that much so you can stop trying to worry and care about me" i kept my eyes on the fish but i felt myself lift from the ground and getting carried bridal style for some odd reason "oi put me down" he shook his head at me "tch tch tch, felix imma bring you to my house so we can get you cleaned up ok? also hyunjin is having a party later we should go to it" i looked at him curiously as he was carrying me "you can carry me there because i don't want to walk. also how are you still invited to hyunjin's parties? you and him don't seem to be on good terms" he chuckled at what i said "it's a rule hyunjin has which is saying that anyone can attend his parties as long as they are going to the same school as him or if he knows them well enough and he isn't allowed to uninvite anyone. i know it's the dumbest rule i ever heard of but he's just an idiot like that" i shrugged at him and i kinda didn't like what he said "i mean he probably just wants people to not feel excluded and he is pretty smart because he does have the highest grades in school" i said a bit shyly because i didn't want dean to get mad at me or anything like that. "tch, you're still standing up for him? he's such an asshole i don't understand why you like being around him" i shrugged and kept quiet for a bit, i didn't really like the way he was talking about hyunjin.

we made it to his house and he open the door and placed me down on a chair inside. "wait here i'll go get some supplies for your knee" i nodded and he walked into the bathroom. he came out with like a med kit thing or something like that. he started to clean up the cut and i did flinch a bit because it did sting and i mostly clean my cuts up myself. "aish stop flinching so much" dean said then put a bandaid on my knee, i looked at my knee and started picking the bandaid already, it's just a habit i have. "stop picking the bandaid also the party is soon and we are both going to it ok" i nodded at him and just waited for time to pass by.

time skip to party (during the party)

i sorta lost dean in the crowd so i just decided to head over to the kitchen and grab some punch. i felt someone tap on my shoulder and i looked at them and it was the one and only hwang hyunjin. "oh hi hyunjin" he tilted his head and gave me a warm smile "wasn't expecting to see you here but i'm glad i did" i smiled at him "wait what do you mean by that?" he put his arm around my shoulder with a cup in his other hand "well i was told you don't go to parties often" i smirked and put down my cup on the counter next to us "oh really? stalking me now hyunjin? i thought that was what maniacs do when they have a crush on someone" he chuckled at my response "guessing i'm a maniac for you" i almost chocked at his response to that "wait what does that mean" he took a sip of his drink and looked me straight in the eye with a smirk "it means what it's supposed to mean, you can probably figure it out on your own soon" i pouted because he didn't give me a clear answer "come on hyunjin don't be like that" i was wondering what he meant by that because i don't want to get the wrong idea on it "hmm i would explain it but i'm pretty sure i know who you're a maniac for so i rather not" i got confused a bit when he said that. does he know i like him? does he know i would kill people for him? what does he know? i decided to probably not think of it too much but it makes me wonder if he knows how i am like.