Happy

(M/n) was never an attention seeker. He never willingly wanted to be in the spotlight. A wallflower was a more accurate description of him, for a lack of better words. And everyone knew that. Perhaps that was the charm that made the sweet boy undeniably eye catching. His humble nature and kindness truly did wonders. 

It hit the school like a blizzard in spring when they learned that (m/n) would, in fact, be part of the volleyball club as the manager. It wasn't like they were against the idea, but more along the lines of confusion as to why he would join in the first place. But they wouldn't understand. They didn't live the life that (m/n) did. They wouldn't understand the suffocation.

(M/n) didn't care much for the rumors that spread about him. As long as the truth was floating around somewhere, there was no need for him to deny all the claims flying his way.

"Did you join to sleep with one of them?"

No.

"Are you trying to get money off of them?"

No.

"Then why did you join if you don't  benefit from it?"

You wouldn't get it.

But he never said those things, of course. After all, he never wanted attention.

His mindset, however, slowly changed once he got close to the volleyball boys. (M/n) wanted to feel needed by them. He wanted the guys to rely on him and seek him out (which they did). 

Exhibit A: Lunch Time

Normally during lunch time, (m/n) would sit on the school's roof, enjoying the momentary peace after running away from his avid followers. It was his happy place. He appreciated the seclusion as it was something he barely had in his life, with bodyguards following him, eyes watching, and actions being monitored. That all changed when he was dragged out of his seat by none other than Tendou, who led him straight into the cafeteria. 

"(M/n)-kun~ Wakie wakie, time to eat!" he exclaimed while trying to shake the omega awake from his blissful nap.

A small whine escaped (m/n)'s lips as he stretched in place, which caused his shirt to ride up and expose his flat stomach. Tendou immediately started glaring at onlookers, filling the area with his dominant pheromones, as if to mark territory. To be fair, such actions were to be expected, as alphas, by nature, were very protective over whom they deemed as their omega. The disgusting gazes of the student body ticked Tendou off greatly, prompting him to secrete more pheromones. And he would have kept going if someone had not interrupted him.

"Tendou, stop it." came a familiar cold voice from behind the duo. Tendou didn't even have to turn around to figure out who it was.

"Ehh~ But Wakatoshi-kun, they were staring at our dear (m/n)." replied Tendou, a dangerous glint still lingering in his eyes.

Ushijima quickly glanced at (m/n), who has already taken a seat at a table and started eating from his bento box. School food was down right repulsive for him, prompting the boy to bring his own lunches instead. It was a small sacrifice to make in order to save his stomach from being exposed to literal trash. 

Midway through picking up a small, octopus-shaped sausage, (m/n) felt Ushijima's powerful gaze on him. He turned his body to face the man in question. Once eye contact was made, he tilted his head cutely before waving his hand at him, beckoning Ushijima to sit next to him. All Ushijima could think of at the moment was thank the gods that he was alive in that moment. Such a pure soul was willing him to sit next to them. (M/n)'s smile was like a beaming light in Ushijima's dark world. A faint smile appeared on his face as he sauntered over to where the smaller boy was seated, promptly taking the spot right next to him. Poor Tendou was abandoned in the middle of their one-sided conversation. He was completely forgotten.