Beirut Bride. I'm upset.

Let's chat.

You guys probably know about the explosion in Beirut (Lebanon), which happened about a week ago and resulted in hundreds of casualties. You may have also seen something about a bride having a photo shoot when it happened. The woman was thankfully unharmed, as far as I can tell. Videos titled/captioned "Beirut explosion rocks bride's photo shoot" or "Beirut blast interrupts bridal photo shoot" or "that's one hell of a wedding photo shoot" have been spreading.

Maybe I'm just tired and easily irritated right now, but this seems to be in very bad taste.

This tragedy destroyed so many lives and properties, and the people reporting this story really chose to talk about this? Seriously? Of course, that experience must have been terrifying, but the way they phrase it makes it seem like the explosion was some sort of annoying nuisance that messed up her day. It was so much more than that.

It's not funny, and they should stop treating it like it is. You can replace "Beirut blast" with "cute puppy" in "Beirut blast interrupts bridal photo shoot" and that just doesn't seem right.

If they wanted to report this, they could have at least titled it differently. Something like "Bride in the middle of a photo shoot is nearly caught in the blast of recent tragic Beirut explosion" (or something like that. They could do better. I'm tired and not a reporter) would be better, I think. The tone they set was just very inappropriate, considering the context. It's like reporting on a school shooting, and titling it "childrens' fun day interrupted by murderer". Do you see it? Not okay. It's not an interruption; it's a traumatizing, deadly situation that won't simply go away.

I had more to say on this but I'm just so tired and annoyed. If you can, please donate and do whatever you can to help the people in Beirut.

I'm open to discuss this in the comments :)

——
(Unrelated but my virtual movie date went great :D)