Chapter Thirty-Eight - It Begins...

Letty was up at dawn, running her path through Central Park. That was how she unwinds, others might take a nap on the couch or have a massage but Letty went running. Once you get your body use to whatever it needs to relax, it becomes a habit.

When she reached the bench that she always took a break at or to clear her mind, was occupied by a man in a leather jacket and dark sunglasses. She continued running and another man in sunglasses was leaning against a tree further down the track, his arms crossed, staring at anyone passing by. It was dark cloudy and raining and she had passed two people with sunglasses. First sign in douchebags.

She exited Central Park to pass the street when a black GMC came from her left and hit the breaks right in time so it wouldn't hit her. That was not because she was half-blind on her left eye. It was a dick behind the wheel who was supposed to stop and let the pedestrian pass. The man raised his hands from the driver's seat, apologizing. Letty glared at him as she continued to walk on the crossing to the other side of the street.

- You know, you're all over the place. Derek said.

He was scrolling on his phone. After her TV interview, it had blown up. Her face and name, her story and the sketch of the man who killed her parents were everywhere. TV, news, press and social media. Paparazzi had gotten worse, if they found her, they followed her. People had been calling her for more interviews.

Letty was lying on the couch with her feet on his lap while he was on his phone and she was looking between the TV and Derek.

- Someone said they should make a movie about you and your life.

She chuckled.

- Well, that's stupid. She said.

- Who would you want playing you?

- I don't know... me? So they get it right.

Derek laughed.

- And you would be played by... Jason Momoa.

Derek looked at her with raised eyebrows.

- Really?

- Yeah. He's good looking.

- Yeah?

Derek grabbed her legs and pulled her towards him. She laughed as he sat on top of her.

- You got one chance to change your mind on that. He told her.

- On what? On having him playing you and we would have the fun you and I do. C'mon, you gotta admit, he's hot.

He started tickling her on her stomach and waist. She laughed and screamed as she tried to his hands away. He leaned down to her face.

- Now, don't make do that again. He said.

She laughed and lifted her head from the couch and kissed him.

Letty was sitting on the kitchen counter with her phone, reading articles about herself. The sketch of the scarred man was everywhere and it made her happy. Social media didn't exist when the murder happened but now the photo of the sketch was on every media platform. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. Newspapers, TV stations and Youtube.

Derek walked out of the bedroom after taking a shower. He was only wearing a towel around his waist. Water was still running down his upper body. When you're with a boxer, she knew it was hard not to work out yourself. And he had joined her training sessions and had gone to the gym himself. And it was showing.

- What are you doing? She asked.

- I just wanted to continue the conversation from before. Where you thought that other guy...