Chapter Seventy - Forever

Derek was lying on the couch, flipping through the channels when a knock on the door interrupted him. But the thought that it may be Letty, shot him up from the couch. He opened the door but sighed at the sight of Spencer and Jonah, and behind them was Lucas and Mick.

- What are you all doing here? He asked.

Spencer moved to the side just a little, revealing Lucas holding moving boxes.

- Letty asked us to get their stuff.

- Where is she?

- We're not supposed to say. Lucas said.

Derek looked back at Spencer.

- She bought a townhouse. She's fine, they're both fine. We're just doing what she asked.

Derek shook his head.

- No. You're not coming in here. Derek said.

- Buddy, c'mon. Jonah said.

Spencer could break easily. If she got her away from Lucas, he could get her talking. Derek sighed and opened the door for them. He walked back to the living room and sat down on the couch. He was not going to watch them remove her from his life. He grabbed the beer bottle from the coffee table and leaned back in the couch, drinking and watching TV.

Close to an hour later, Spencer came into the living room.

- We're almost done. She said.

Derek nodded, looking at the now empty beer bottle in his hand.

- She told you what happened? He asked.

- Yeah.

- You're not pissed?

- I am but it's not my fight.

She had started telling people.

- Where was she?

- New Zealand. Bonnie wanted to go there. And while she was there, she bought a new place.

- Great.

- She went to the school. They put Bonnie first and fired... that woman.

That was good. Bonnie could stay in the school, with her new friends.

- Look, I made the dumbest fucking mistake in my life. I mean it, I hate myself for what I did. For how I hurt her. I have to try and fix this. Please, Spencer.

She sighed.

- Fine, but it didn't come from me. And don't tell them.

- Thank you.

She gave him her new address. It was a nice neighbourhood.

- Don't rush over there right away, okay?

Spencer got up from the couch and went back to help the others. Derek walked into the bedroom. Jonah had just opened the bag with Letty's gold belt.

- Shit... This is cool. He said.

- Make sure you lock it. She hates taking it out so... just in case.

Jonah nodded and closed the bag, turning the numbers where you put in the code to unlock it.

- You messed up, man. Thought you were smart.

- Yeah... I don't know why the fuck I did it.

- Well, men are pigs, they do it because they can.

Derek raised his eyebrows at him.

- Oh, wait... that's what Spencer said. Sorry.

He wasn't wrong. He was a pig.