Chapter 4

This damn scenario might kill me

Leo Reinhart, captain of the Templars' party, was a prodigy since young age. He certainly upholds justice like what his household taught him. Even after graduating as the top knight from the knights' academy, he still chose to act according to his principles, protecting people from bandits and outsiders.

Which is why he is completely displeased when his superiors gave him an escort duty instead. He never like those stuck up nobles, despite being one himself. People like them only knew greed and schemes, which is why he wanted to become a knight.

Now, he had to escort one, Harold Theron. The very definition of a greedy noble. It is too obvious he only hired them to show off to that high rank cleric from Hestia's church.

So even though he had misgiving in this raid, he still accepted, since he had no hostility towards that priest. Being  an Artemis follower did not stop him from accepting the task.

Behind him, Cecil Reinhart happily ran after her brother, smiling candidly as she showed off her loot from the kind knights who were smitten from her angelic look. This happens all the time. Leo look back, his contorted face finally easing. Such a happy girl, though they would be soon entering the tower, a very dangerous place, she still had the energy to chat with the party. Any normal healer would feel extreme fear even before entering the tower, with a selected few who felt too traumatize afterwards.

Even if he did not want her to come along, but the party really need more healers. Not to mention that high rank cleric belongs to a different church, there's a high chance he might prioritize only those who belong in the same faction. His party who follows Artemis might met ill predicaments and be left out if any emergency arises.

"Brother, I heard we're escorting a really important person...When I ask Aria a while ago, I found out he was just a high rank cleric.Aren't clerics from Hestia's church too rare? Since  that church is really small"

Like a hamster, Cecil nimbly gobble up the treats, while pouting at her serious brother. Leo wipe the remaining crumbs, helping his sister clean up. Such trait still remain even  though Cecil just recently become a holy maiden from the Artemis' church.

"Its not because he is a priest, I heard that cleric actually belongs to a noble household. Due to unknown reasons, he became a cleric, much to his family's dismay. Yet they still support him, which is why that Harold Theron is acting like a clown in order to impress that household"

Leo responded, pointing at the sleeping camp. In that moment, Harold Theron came back, with two little girls in tow.

Said girls appear to be twins. With identical face, height and figure. Hair tied up in a cute ponytail, their mismatching clothes shows their difference. The other one clad in black shamanic robes, while the other one wore a similar robe, with greenish hue.

Small and delicate feets jumps to and fro, as though they were excited. Harold immediately repriminded them, stern eyes glaring over the twins.

Aria appeared shortly, gesturing the two to enter, her face glowing with happiness as the two responded with equal excitement. Displeased that he was ignored, Harold shove Aria, the girl giving an awkward look at the twin.

Meanwhile, Julius busied himself with the white book he supposedly owns. The white book is written in a foreign language, strangely enough, he could actually understand it. Even though it was the first time he had seen it, it was as if it was deeply ingrained in his brain.

Hestia's sacred book. The book teaches the principles and beliefs of Hestia's church, it also includes various healing skills which Julius personally deem to be quite helpful. Although he hates reading, but living in a foreign world with no prior knowledge is dangerous. The novel only depicts and is solely focused  on the protagonist and his journey, with that world's background only mentioned on few occasions. The entire plotline only serves to boost the protagonist, with the extra characters serving as an add on. It was only natural, since everything should revolve around the protagonist and his tale. Much to his disappointment, the entire world's knowledge and magic system would be mention only if the plot needed it. Aside from that, Julius was left with nothing.He could only rely on himself at this point.

Luckily, trials on every towers and monster description was greatly detailed, including how Michael's party defeated them.Too bad he didn't  get to finish reading it.Anyway, he won't be climbing any towers after this, then act like an obedient cleric afterwards. All is good.

"Miira here!!!!"
"Liira is also here!!"

Voices of two young girls interrupted his thoughts. Julius look back, only to find two lovable girls happily greeting him. The black haired one raises her hand energetically, while her sister tugs at her robes. Behind them was Harold, still wearing that annoying force smile. If only Julius wasn't his guest, he's close in slapping that fake smile. Good thing he grew in a relatively peaceful home, otherwise he'd be having a brawl right here. Even knowing this bastard plans to frame him after snatching his artifact.

"Cardinal Julius, before we enter the tower, I would like you to meet these two.They're my good children.Miira on my left and Liira on my right. They're still young, but I assure you, both are capable shamans. Very suitable for support, please feel free to use them however you like."

"You two, be good and serve this gentleman well. Be his shield or something"

Hearing that, Aria immediately lost her smile, eyes horrified. Harold dismisses it, still chuckling. Just like Aria, Julius was equally disgusted. As he thought, this guy is really a scum.No, he's a total trash at this point. He should be cleanse as soon as possible. Julius plans to let him go as long as he acted accordingly, yet looking at him now makes Julius shake in anger.

Upon their father's remarks, the twins was in complete silence. Even if the're used to being thrown in battles, it was the first time their father blatantly humiliate them.

The look of betrayal hurts Aria, her gentle personality seething with anger.Seeing this Julius acted immediately, giving Harold a cold look. Yes, even if their just characters, hearing this gross conversation could make any sane person mad.

"Harold, if you're done then please leave. Also, aside from Aria here, do not enter here without my permission."

With a wave of his hand, Julius could not bear to look at this garbage, and opted to glance at the two girls instead. One of them flinch, fear is visible in her eye. Harold was startled, yet he still left, glaring at the twins before finally leaving.

"It is fine. I've no interest in little girls. Furthermore, defilling the body of young and innocent children is an act of complete blasphemy in Hestia's church."

Julius assured them, observing their items instead. Miira brightens, her little hand shaking her sister.Liira shove her, her complexion becoming rosy.

"The portal is open, all party move in one file. Templars' party will lead in front. All veteran parties will be put in rear.All support go at the backline.Mages, surround the healers!!"

Leo's thunderous voice attracted their attention.

______________________________________

*note: Ling Chen will be called Julius from now on

(Honestly, I only wrote this for fun, after staring at my white ceilings...then suddenly I wanted to write a cleric clad in white ☺😑😑)

Sorry for the typos and grammatical error.....I'm no  pro writer...and this is written on my phone only.....so some words might end up mixing....or words lost.......

Anyway...the plot proceeds whichever idea I thought  of...so no deep plot here honestly......

I only wanted a reader x novel character story....

Happy reading!!XD