Duck Season

By: LovesWifi

Summary:

Prompt: Mari confesses her feelings to Damian and automatically says no, and immediately regrets it... Mari asks to still be friends and he says, of course, trying to figure out how to get out this mess so hey can fate, get married, have kids, and an entire zoo of animals

----------------

"Good morning, class, as I mentioned last week we have a transfer student," Madame Bustier greets the class, smiling wide as if it weren't a Monday morning. Damian rolls his eyes, avoiding anyone who looked like they wanted to talk and headed up to the back corner desk, where no one was sitting.

It didn't take long for someone to ignore the social cues he'd dropped because there stood a tan, green-eyed girl.

"You should come sit with me, the class bully sits back here and you don't want to get mixed up with that," the harlot says, batting her eyelashes.

"I'll take my chances back here," Damian grumbles back, but once again she doesn't take the hint.

"Lila, you're in my seat," another, sweeter, voice says. The harlot's smile falters before she retreats down the stairs to stew in anger in her seat.

"You're late," he reprimands, looking at the apparent 'class bully'.

"Welcome to our class, I'm Marinette, the class president," She smiles, it doesn't reach her eyes, she's faking it.

"So class bully and president? Interesting mix."

"Interesting assumption," Marinette shrugs, pulling out her classwork. He raises an eyebrow and does the same, who does she think she is to talk back to him.

Needless to say, their relationship didn't start the best but it got better.

"I can't believe they're such imbeciles," Damian breaths out, and almost laugh, Marinette thinks to herself. Damian has been in the class for a week now and absolutely hates and loves the class. He hates how stupid the class, but again loves the class because of how idiotic they are.

"What'd she say this time?" Marinette sighs, sliding into her seat. This was becoming a routine almost, she sits down right before the bell rings and usually has enough time to hear Lila's amazing stories from Damian.

"It was a classic Jagged Stone story," Damian sighs.

"I literally know Jagged, and they know that I know him, but yet, in the beginning, I was 'too jealous' and now they won't even listen to anything I say," Marinette shrugs.

"You know Jagged?" Damian asks, raising an eyebrow.

"That's not important, they can look up any of the information she says without having a personal contact, now shhh, class is starting," Marinette says, ending the conversation. She avoids talking about herself, almost as bad as he does. He doesn't mind it too much because she doesn't appear to be a threat, but yet again appearances can be deceiving.

A month into the hell that is his class, he ran into her during one of the many akuma attacks. She had just run into a closet he was running for, he was a bit worried about her because Lila likes to take action during the chaos. He was expecting to see some cliche scene of Lila corning her, but when he opened the door, there stood the Parisian hero.

"What the actual--" He was cut off by her quickly butting in.

"Oh my god! You can't anything, I have to go, but-"

"I understand, go fight," Damian says, effectively stopping her rambling.

They had an awkward conversation after her and Chat Noir defeated the akuma, she picked him up and dragged him to a secluded roof away from the public prying eyes, and the numbing idiocy of the class.