CH 11 || Piece Of Advice

Anvi's POV

Anvi's POV

As soon as we reached home I went straight inside my room without even sparing a glance at Nikhil. I didn't want him to witness my state as I was not ready for the questions he might ask.

I changed my clothes, went into the shower and stood under the cold water for a while. I wanted to calm myself. The revelations had shaken the ground within me, had distorted my already disrupted peace.

Why did Mom do that? Why?

My head was throbbing in pain and even crying in the shower didn't help. After a few minutes when I thought I might catch a cold if I stay longer in the shower I got out and changed into my nightwears. My hair was still wet and I didn't let it dry.

I sat into the balcony and let the cool breeze show it's affects on my hairs and as well as on me.

"Anvi" I heard Nikhil.

Oh Shit! I ignored him and he was here to check up on me. I was just hoping he wouldn't ask me anything about what happened.

"Anvi." His voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I replied, "In the balcony."

"Girl, you scared me," he said taking a seat in front of me. He was holding a small white box in his hand that he kept on the table.

"I am sorry."

"It's fine. But next time please reply." He looked concerned and I agreed.

"Okay," I mumbled before removing my gaze away from him.

A few seconds had passed only in silence when Nikhil said, "Give me your hand?"

I thought I heard wrong so I tried to confirm."What?"

"Give me your hand."

He was serious about it so I placed my hand in his. He turned it a little and saw those nail bites on my arm.

"Shit!" I heard him mutter under his breath.

How could I be careless? How did he even notice? I tried to pull my hand but he didn't leave it.

The white box was a first-aid kid, I got to know when he opened and took out an antiseptic from it.

"It will hurt." I panicked as the thought pf the burning sensation of the antiseptic sent a shiver down my spine.

"No, it won't. Trust me." I had to give in because of the sincerity in his eyes. He blew the air on the wound before padding the cotton laced with the antiseptic on the affected area. Just like he had assured, it didn't hurt a bit.

I was looking at him, admiring the guy who was trying to remove my pain. Is he the real him? I still had confusion regarding his behaviour and my past failed relationship was not letting me trust my husband.

"Who did this?" he asked still treating my wound.

"A wild cat," I replied. Well, Ahana was a wild cat only.