CH 3 || The Mistake

Anvi's POV

Anvi's POV

"It's time, Anvi." I heard Adhyayan Bhaiya as he extended his hand towards me smiling sadly at the pathetic state of his sister.

Holding his hand I made my way out with him where Arpit was waiting for us. My two brothers were escorting me to the stage where someone who decided to show some mercy on a pathetic, useless soul like me was already waiting.

My grip on Adhyayan Bhaiya's hand tightened when the distance between me and that decorated stage lessened. My heart beats fastened up its pace and the sensations in my body due to anxiety were not helping at all.

I thought I would faint anytime but I don't know how I was holding up myself.

Bhaiya and Arpit had stopped in their tracks, and when I noticed, I found we reached the starting point of my doom.

I was not ready to leave their hands and with the utmost difficulty, Bhaiya took out his hand from the iron grip hold of mine.

Looking at him teary eyes I said, "I...I..can't."

"You will be fine, trust me." He kissed my forehead while Arpit hugged me. A hand was placed forward probably the one my life was sold to.

I looked up to know who was this so-called kind-hearted person who decided to marry the one who was given the title of a 'slut' in front of so many people but regretted the moment I laid my eyes on him.

'The Barista From London.'

He was equally shocked like me as if he too didn't know who he was going to marry.

Now I was regretting more that one step I took two days back.

Nikhil's POV

Have you ever wanted a wait to never end? I have. Well, waiting for my so-called bride because of whom I am stuck in this situation, because of whom my father tried to disown me, because of whom my life has become a joke is not an easy task. I want to run away but knowing that my one wrong step might affect my brother's life I can't even do that.

I saw her coming towards the stage with two guys, probably her brothers. I stayed at my place when she had come near me. But one glare from my father and I had to extend my hand towards her.

She looked up at me and to say I was shocked will be an understatement.

'The Mystery Girl From London.' She was stunned too. Jai was too wrong when he said that she was just a plain, simple girl. Her being a mafia would have been better than being my bride. We were staring at each other but her brother kept her hand in mine. She was reluctant though, as her welled up eyes said so.

Slowly she kept her trembling hand on mine. Holding her I pulled her up on the stage. Her hands seemed quite colder than the normal temperature.

The rituals proceeded and it was quite evident she didn't want this just like me. I don't know what was the mess she landed up in that was about to tie us together.