CH 33 || Period Of Intense Melancholy

"No, I

"No, I....I am your daughter. I am Rita and Rohit Shekhar's daughter." Anvi stuttered, not believing any of the words of her mother. She turned to her right as she didn't want to face the truth that the mirror was showing her.

Rita shook her head with her eyes filled with tears. She made Anvi turn towards the mirror once again to make her see the reality. "Look at yourself. Your eyes are like Suhana. Your nose, your smile, your dimples, and even your hair colour. You are her replica. Didn't you find it bizarre that she used to cry whenever you used to get hurt?" Anvi recalled how Suhana would go crazy whenever she used to find Anvi in pain but at the same time she also had witnessed Rita in pain for her.

"She is your mother and a mother can never see her children in pain."

"You used to cry as well for me," Anvi replied sternly.

"Anvi, beta, you need to believe me." Rita cupped her cheeks but Anvi swatted her hands saying "No, no, no. You are lying."

"I am not."

Rita moved towards her son who was still on the bed feeling confounded that he had ever felt in his entire life. Rita needed her son's help.

"Adhyayan, make her believe. You do know that Anvi is adopted, right? But you never knew from where we adopted her."

"Adopted?" Anvi was in shock. Layers from the truth kept peeling off.

"Yes. Everyone in the family thinks that you are adopted. They think that you are our employee's daughter who died in an accident along with his wife. Everyone is aware of this half-truth except you and Arpit." replied Rita.

"Bhaiya," Anvi called her brother. Adhyayan looked at his sister but didn't say anything. He lowered his eyes because he was unable to meet her gaze. Anvi received her answer when Adhyayan didn't stand with her. She felt betrayed.

Adhyayan looked at her mother and asked, "But how could she be Suhana Aunt's daughter?"

"Why do you think she is the target of the red journal? Why not you? Why not me?"

That one statement answered a lot of questions of both the siblings.

"After Rohit died he left a letter behind for everyone asking us to protect our kids. He stated that he was aware he would lose his life because of the red journal. Nivedita was scared the most. She wanted you all to be aware of the truth but I didn't let her."