CH 19 || Twice is a pattern

I was fuming in anger sitting in my cabin

I was fuming in anger sitting in my cabin. Anger took a good toll on me and as a result, my eyes welled up. Small things matter to me the most but Nikhil ruined one of my best things.

I never expected such an act from him.

Even though he has always been kind to me, his act was ferocious.

"Ma'am, I haven't received the new manuscript on mail yet.?" I heard the intern Leena who was about to assist me as my right hand was injured.

"I sent it to hell." I lashed out.

She was taken aback for a moment and then questioned with concern"Are you fine?"

"Excuse Me." Without replying to her and excusing myself I went to the washroom to wash my tear-stained face.

I had been collecting KitKat chocolate wrappers since I was five. It was Sara and my favourite chocolate. We had made a deal in childhood that we would collect the wrappers and would give them to each other on my twenty-sixth birthday. Even though we had stopped talking but I was sure I was about to give them to her just like we had planned.

Nikhil threw them all thinking it was all junk when we went to bring back my stuff from Niharika's flat on Sunday.

I hadn't had my dinner that night and also left breakfast because of him. His presence was making me furious. Instead of apologizing, he made fun that I was being a junk collector.

'What does he think of himself?' I muttered to myself splashing the cold water on my face.

After I cleaned my face I went back to the cabin where Leena stood at her place.

"I am sorry. I wasn't myself a few minutes ago." I apologized, feeling culpable for my act.

"It's fine." Her genuine smile made me feel relieved. I was thankful she didn't take it to her heart.

"Are you okay? If you want I can bring something sweet for you."

I smiled at her before replying, "Thanks for your offer but I am fine."

When Leena took a seat beside me I said, "Let's see the manuscript first." We were going through the new manuscript on my laptop while at the same time I was guiding Leena on how to proceed further when heard the knock on my cabin.