CH 24 || The Real Impediments

"So, Anvi, who exactly is your husband?" Anvi looked at Ray who was curious to know who her colleague had married

"His name is Nikhil."

"That we know. Tell us something which we are unmindful of," said Leena. Both she and Ray had asked Anvi why she hadn't introduced them to her husband, to which Anvi had subtly used an excuse of Nikhil's work. Though she promised she would invite them to her house after a week for an intimate get together.

"He is sweet," Anvi replied, going through a manuscript document on her laptop.

Leena took Anvi's laptop and kept it aside before asking, "That's it?"

"We need to know more," demanded Ray. The girls were reluctant to let Anvi work till they got to know some details of her  husband. Anvi had no way out so she started to tell them about Nikhil.

"Nikhil is someone whose smile can make a dead man alive. The way his lips curve up whenever he looks at me gives me butterflies." She stared at the portrait of kiss hung on her cabin wall and remembered how Nikhil was about to kiss her but didn't. She frowned after visualizing the scene but blushed when remembered the part where he had whispered something on her lips that accelerated her heartbeat.

"His words sometimes give me goosebumps," she said, reminiscing his words from the previous night.

"When he holds me, I always wish for the time to freeze." Just like she wanted when they were dancing together, holding each other.

"He gets disturbed whenever finds me in pain." Anvi couldn't be ignorant of how Nikhil was in pain when Anvi was narrating a part of her past to him in the racing complex.

"He becomes a comedian to make me laugh." Anvi chuckled remembering how Nikhil was juggling with the oranges trying to show off his skills but couldn't cope up with their motion and fell along with the fruits.

"No one can ever outsmart his flirting skills."

Ray looked at Leena and mouthed 'Whipped'.

"Are you sure you had an arranged marriage?" Ray asked as the way Anvi was smitten with her husband it was apparent she was in love.