Edonia

(Disclaimer, I don't own the book cover art. If anyone knows the owner I am completely happy to give them credit!)

Sitting in a military car that was driving two comrades and I towards an Edonian city where a bioterrorism attack occurred just an hour ago, I stared out the window to the cold brisk air. A bump in the road shook me from my daydreaming, the man in front of me looked behind him at my smaller form "we'll be arriving at the attack point soon." he stated before turning back at the rugged concrete road. Moving my body down from my torso I grabbed my rifle from the floor right by my feet, I grabbed the strap and placed it over my shoulders.

We passed through a small road that was surrounded by buildings, everything seemed fine until Piers' voice came through the comms "enemy fire! Enemy fire! Alpha Team engage!" he yelled as an explosion hit the vehicle in front of us, causing the car to flip and exploded causing a domino effect making ours flip as well "All troops spread out! Return fire!". My vision spun as my ears rang from the explosion, my body was being held upside down from the seat belt I had strapped on.

Piers dragged himself out of the flipped car, I reached for my knife that was strapped to my left thigh and pulled it out of its sheath. Pulling the seat belt from my chest I cut it with the sharp knife causing my body to fall and hit the ceiling, I flipped myself over and pushed the door open.

As the door opened I heard bullets being sent back and forth from both sides, Piers came up to the door and held out his hand for me to grab onto to pull my body out. I happily grabbed his bigger hand as he pulled my arm making my body come out of the car just in time before a bullet plunged itself into the window where I just was. I jumped up and rolled my body into a pillar for cover just below the building, I unstrapped my automatic rifle and gripped the handles with my finger on the trigger.

Looking to my right at just the right moment, an enemy came running up to me with a gun in hand ready to shoot. Pulling my weapon back up I shot him three times in the head causing him to grab at his face in pain making the moment just right for myself to run up and jump on his shoulders with my thighs, I twisted my legs before a sharp snap was heard between my legs. Jumping off of the falling form I ran up the steps to my left and squatted behind the broken wall that two other B.S.A.A soldiers were behind to avoid the snipers, one of the men stood up to shoot at the enemy that was shooting up at us from below. Noticing the laser that was on his head I jumped up and shoved him to the ground just as the bullet hit the wall behind him, he nodded thanks before hiding behind the wall again "Piers we need those snipers out ASAP." I said in the comms.

"On it." he simply replied before a loud gunshot was heard from behind us, looking back I noticed was to be Piers responsible for the sound. An explosion was heard making my head to be yanked back around to the source, the man that I saved was now on the other side of the wall laying motionless. Shooting down the enemies that were shooting at me below I jumped over the side and stabbed one of them that was coming up behind my captain.

Chris spun around to see my knife come out from the bloodied man's neck, the larger man gave me a thankful nodded before firing back at the armored machine gun that was sending multiple bullets our way only to miss us completely and hitting the undamaged military car, "they just keep comin'" I yelled through the comms "they're sitting ducks out there Alpha, get inside that building." The command center spoke in everyone's ear, Piers shot down the man shooting the fast gun causing the sounds to be lessened.

Running from behind the car I shot down some of the opposing men along with Chris taking down a couple, "are this species HQ has been warning us about?" he said beside me. Piers ran up and broke a man's neck making him fall down.

"Bullets don't even phase them." Piers' rough voice replied back as he ran up the stairs that lead up to the building with myself following right behind him, grabbing dropped ammo from the dead attackers "they're not our normal class of enemies." as we reached the top bullets rang out from behind a wall with cutouts in them to see what was on the other side.