B.S.A.A. Base

About forty to fifty minutes had passed before we reached civilian life and reached the hospital, a nurse came running up to us with a gurney and other doctors to relieve him from us and give him an evaluation. A short Brunette woman walked up to us "we'll give him an evaluation and get back to you, it may take a couple of hours do you guys need anything?" she asked in an accent.

Looking at Piers that was in thought, my mind snapped and told me that we needed to contact base and give them our current status. "A phone please." I requested, she nodded and walked behind the desk, and handed me a wireless handphone.

Thanking her I stepped off to a quiet corner, Piers looked at me in confusion as he towered over me "we need to tell HQ where we are and see if we can hitch a ride back to base and back here." I said as I pressed the numbers to the base, it rang a couple of times before someone answered "This is the First lieutenant Emily Campbell, we're currently at the local hospital on the west side. Captain Chris Redfield is in critical condition." I said and the officer replied that he would send a message to HQ and send us a ride to clean up and write up a report since Redfield more than likely would have memory issues. Hanging up I looked up at Piers "they're sending us a ride back to base to clean up and write a report and casualty sheet." I told him and walked over back to the receptionist handing her a phone and thanking her once again.

Walking over to the seating area multiple people gave us questioning looks as to why we were carrying so many weapons but then took notice of our badges on our arms. Leaning back I  finally relaxed my muscles and closed my eyes before practically falling asleep from all the stress from the day.

My slumber was interrupted by some shaking my arm, opening my eyes I realized my head was leaned on Piers's arm making me shift up and look at Piers who was the one that shook me awake "our ride is here." he stated before standing up and offering me his hand with a small smile on his face, I happily obliged grabbing his hand as he helped me stand up. We walked out and got into the military beamer, the driver looked back at us "guess you guys didn't have a good mission?" he asked us, I nodded and we drove off to the base.

Minutes had passed and we arrived back to the military base where B.S.A.A personnel were running back and forth running errands or preparing for missions. We came to a stop outside of the personal tents of the higher ranks for people such as Chris, Piers, and I. Patting the driver thanks I jump out and practically ran into my tent, sighing I sat on my bed unlaced my boots before kicking them off with relief when taking off my ammunition belt draping it on a chair that was right in front of a small desk, I practically ripped off my Kevlar vest and placed it on my bed then taking off my shirt that left me standing in my pants along with a bra.

Walking over towards the small shower that was closed off by a wall and door I unhooked my bra and unbuttoned my pants that let them fall down to the floor, I walked through the door and pushed the small curtain out of the way and turned the knob that made water come out of the showerhead. Sighing I looked in the mirror to wait for the water to run hot, looking over my features I noticed the new cuts and scrapes that lined my face along with dirt and debris that caked my sesame skin tone.

Turning back to the shower I shifted my hand under the water to make sure the water was warm enough, pleased with the temperature I stepped into the shower, and pulled the curtain to keep water from escaping. My muscles relaxed under the hot water, I tipped my head back to fully make my head wet to wash it with my favorite shampoo; taking a moment to think about how today went completely wrong and how I lost some really good friends and teammates.

After washing my hair and body I finally stepped out and grabbed the towel that was hanging on the curtain rod, the towel gave me some warmth but not a whole lot due to it being thin but it was doing its job of drying my body from the shower. I turned the knob, a form sat right on the foot of my bed turned towards the door of my tent, my heart stopped for a moment before I realized it was just Piers "uh, Piers do you mind?" I asked him to turn his head.