Cat and Mouse

(LMAO I'm still alive for those that read this, I legit forgot about this but I've still written for this book so I'm not behind just on updating. oh, and art belongs to the original owner.)

Ada looked into the rearview mirror and spotted me, she started to speed up making me do the same thing. I was right up on her tail but some military beams started to pull up, shots were heard but never hit me "we got your back Em." Chris said over the comms making me nod towards them. Speeding up and around the beamers as quick as I could I had to branch off when she went into the tunnel, barely dodging civilian cars driving down the actual right way. Coming out of the tunnels I sped up as much as I could get closer to Ada, she smirked at me making my heart clench with hatred. Passing a gasoline transfer truck she threw a grande causing Piers and Chris to go off-road and onto the tracks luckily I had the split-second to continue following Ada right behind "shit are you guys ok?!" I asked over the comms as a train blocked their way.

"We're ok! Continue to pursue after Ada!" Chris replied.

Twisting the acceleration handle, it made the bike zoom closer to the red car. The Asian woman took notice of my presence then pressed on the gas further making her zoom into a parking garage. Cursing I followed right behind her, pulling in as Piers and Chris pulled up behind me a handful of j'avo sat in either a beamer or with a rocket launcher in their hands, I took out my rifle and started to shoot down the men holding the launchers as Chris shot the beamers with a built-in machine gun.

Destroying most of the beamers, one j'avo got away and sped off in one of the untouched beamers. I revved back up my engine and followed the Ada went, up the slant of the parking garage an opening in the wall at the end of the parking floor making me stop right at it as my teammate's beamers pulled up. Chris moved upfront "hey, grab your gun. I'm taking the wheel." he commanded, I backed up my bike and sped right off the opening and onto the street below.

Zooming after Ada the sound of the military beamer hitting the concrete made me speed up even faster, My teammates were close behind but I was closer to Ada than they were. Speeding down multiple streets with various curves we reached a bridge that ran over water, Chris and Piers were on the opposite side of us as I weaved between beamers that came out of nowhere. Piers shot down most of the beamers as we got closer to the harbor "HQ to Alpha, we've spotted an aircraft carrier of unknown origin in the harbor. Chatter picked up indicates that it might belong to Neo-umbrella." The comment made me realize that Ada was gonna make a break for it, the road split as we took the left and she took the right side.

Reaching the end of the road split, Ada drove past lines of gates that lead to storage units or businesses. The harbor came closer and closer, an aircraft carrier came into view as it came to my mind that we had to make the jump. The red car went flying onto the ship as soon as I felt the bike start to drop I ripped out my grapple gun and aimed it up at a catwalk above where her car crashed, reaching the catwalk I flipped over the railing and stood on the walkway. Chris and Piers hit the boat hard making the beamer flip throwing the two of them out, they laid there for a moment as Ada walked away "shit" I muttered as the two men blacked out for a moment. A j'avo came running up to Piers as he started to regain consciousness, the j'avo jumped on him trying to stab the man making me rip out my sniper rifle and shoot him off of the sniper it just knocked him back that gave Piers a chance to knock him off. The ship was filled with cargo and a military helicopter, a sniper's laser came into view towards the 26-year old, he rolled to the side just in time as bullets hit the spot he just laid at, aiming over to where the laser came from I sniped him down.

"Are you two ok?" Chris asked over the comms, We both replied with a 'yes'. Using my grapple gun it wrapped around the railing, jumping over the rail I lowered myself down to the ground. The heels on my boots caught the attention of the men, Chris motioned into a room where two j'avo sat in waiting for us as they ran in they started to shoot at us but were quickly shot down in seconds. "We have to figure out where she's hiding," Chris said after telling HQ that we were still chasing after her as we walked up to the second floor of the building and out onto the platform that connected to it.