=Hiraeth=

Hiraeth describes a deep, inborn sense of yearning for a home, a feeling, a place or person that is beyond this plane of existence. It also hits in when people feel nostalgic and walk down the memory lane of their past life.

--------------------

A human-like figure brought you out of your white like trance. Those were assumptions after all. You weren't dead yet.

It actually made sense, you weren't dead, because your father hadn't done anything yet.

You were confused for about 15 seconds but then you recognised the feminine silhouette. It was no one but your best friend, Perrie.

Yess! You took a closer, better look, it indeed was her. Even in your current state, you couldn't help but notice her bandage clad arm and burns on her skin. She looked pale too but definitely better than you.

You managed to now move your fingers rather vaguely and hinted her to come closer, and so she did. You tried to speak but all that left your mouth was a weak, tired moan. You gave up at the thought of trying to speak already. A tear left your eye. It slowly reached the tip of your nose.

Perrie knew how irritated you felt once that happened, let alone the crying part, she immediately came closer to you and wiped it off with her thumb and pecked your cheek. You both exchanged smiles with each other.

Your sister indeed.

After the long emo session, you were sure of one thing- You weren't dead.

Death wasn't something you were afraid of. It was just that you didn't want to die NOW, THIS way. Everything you did on your own by now would have gone in vain. Before dying, you had to prove to someone significant that you are worthy and deserving, actually, even more than them. Those people treated you like a nobody emotionally but gave you everything financially.

It was all materialistic.

Nothing ever genuine or real, for you, to you, EVER!

You came back to the real world and looked around, the room you were in, the hospital room. You heard the monitor beeps, noticed the IV needle attached on the back of your hand with fluids getting inside your body, that tingling sensation, you felt it, your bloodstream would get cleansed of all the smoke residue, at least you weren't numb.

Perrie said something that broke the state of serenity, "Y/n, I'll get Dr Damien. Will you be okay by yourself for 5 minutes?"

She asked you with a smiling face, in a low tone, half hovering on you with her hand on your shoulder for reassurance. You nodded and smiled back.

With that, she left, closing the door behind her.

You were alone now, although you felt that hawk's presence near you somewhere but didn't bother about it right now. You were too tired. 

The television caught your interest, you turned on the news channel somehow and right there, it was-

BREAKING NEWS- HIGHLAND UNIVERSITY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES' PROFESSOR LOKI ELLISTER TURNER OF THE MASS COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT ALLEGEDLY SHOT WITHIN CAMPUS GROUNDS, ANNOUNCED DEAD!

Woah- So that gunshot you heard was- Someone really murdered Professor Loki in the university!

"Oh... Okay-"

You were so dumbfounded right now. You couldn't process anything for a minute.

Then you tried to find out which date's broadcast it was or... Was it live?