Prologue

"So, what you're saying is...is that you both had the letter of acceptance, HID it from me, and have been saving up money for me ever since?" I questioned, rubbing my face.

My mother laughed, putting down the magazine that she was reading.

"Essentially, yeah! We wanted you to have a go at something like this! If you saw the letter, we would know that you would have filed it away and made sure to go to some school over here. (___), you have so much potential—Ouran would be the best place for you!" She replied.

"But—But it costs too much! We don't have that kind of money—not even enough for a uniform! I only took that test as like a joke! I never thought I would actually get in!"

"Oh, don't say that! You've been doing well over here! You've got a 3.9 and have been consistently in honors classes throughout middle school! And guess what? You know fluent Japanese because of your cousin!" She waved off my concern, "Please, allow yourself something like this for once. You've always helped with the bills and around the house for so long---you going to Ouran will set you up so well! We want to do this for you!"

"But—But—does Dad even know about this—"

"He's the one who came up with the idea! Now, stop complaining! Consider this as like a little treat! Think of it as exploring the world! It's not every year you get to spend the summer in Japan with Haruhi, so this would be a good opportunity for you!"

"H-How? Is there money for the ticket? Where am I even going to be staying? Surely Auntie Ranka doesn't have the space for me—"

"(___) would please calm down? You look like your going to start ripping your hair out of your head."

"With the way I'm feeling I just might!" I screamed.

I fell onto the couch next to Mom, bringing my knees to my chest.

"I'm gonna be so far away from home. Izu will miss me so much." I mumbled, huffing.

Mom placed a hand on my shoulder before pulling me to her chest. She hugged me tightly.

"Of course he will. You're the one who found him as a stray! Don't fret! We will do our best to take care of Izu for you!" She announced.

"Yeah, thanks Mama." I laughed.

She smiled, kissing the top of my head.

"You'll do great over there, I'm sure. After all, Haruhi will be joining you in Ouran."

I shot out of her arms. My eyes widened.

"She!!! She got in too?" I exclaimed.

"Well, yes of course! Ranka was the one who offered to house you when we told him the news! You both are going into this place together!"

"Wow...so you've all thought this out to the tee."

"Of course! Anything to further you in your pursuit of knowledge!"

I grumbled at the energy she exuded. She pulled me back into her arms and rested her head on top of mine.

"I know you don't want us to do something like this for you because of all the previous reasons you stated, but I think it's something that you should dosomething that you've earned. So please, no more arguing. Instead, do some packing! You'll be leaving by the end of this month!"

================================================================================

I would like to say that I thank my mother and father for allowing me to come here, despite our income and hardships.

But...nothing prepared me for what was in store in Music Room 3. As soon as I saw those rose petals fly out of the door, saw the blinding light that revealed a set of handsome boys, I knew that whatever we had wanted to originally do was not going to happen.

"Welcome!"

And this was the start of an ever growing gay romance, through the weirdest means possible.