Tonee

I can't believe I'm so nervous. I'm never nervous. Until now. I took one look at Prodigy, and realized that I had to use every piece of advice that I've had about flirting and seduction to get his attention. But, Sarah started to pull us to the bathroom. Speaking of Sarah, I hope she doesn't think that I'm mad at her. She's so caring and nice, that I shouldn't even deserve to have her as a friend. I walked into the bathroom and burst out crying when I looked at Sarah and DeZha. DeZha was shaking like crazy like she was cold and Sarah look dazed. Until I started crying, they looked unusual.

   "What's wrong, Tonee?! What happened?" DeZha ran towards me and hugged me. She was trembling. For what?!

   "I'm sorry for bein' rude to y'all. It's just that....." I broke down even harder. Why was I so mean to them? What was wrong with me?

   Sarah hurried over to me and hugged me tight. "It's okay. It's just your emotions going crazy."

   "Do you think....... I'm still hung over about, you know, Trey?" I sighed at the thought.

   "No. And, even if you are, you know we're always here to help you," DeZha said. "We're your best friends. Don't you worry about it." She put a shaky hand on my shoulder. "It'll be okay."

   "Okay, guys, why are we acting like we're different people? I'm not nervous anymore, DeZha's trembling, and Tonee, you don't look too well either." Sarah said.

   I smirked. "Well, I guess since we seen MB, we actin' pretty unusual."

   DeZha smiled nervously. "Well, aren't we gonna go back out there?" Her voice sounded super different, too. Too shaky.

   "I do like Prodigy, though. So, I'm gonna try some of my moves on him. And if those don't work, then I'm just gonna have to be myself, then."

   Sarah looked concerned. "Don't do that, Tonee. That's what you did with Trey, and you were so different. I think being yourself is best."

   I thought about that for a second. Maybe that was a good idea.

   "Okay. Let's go and see what they say about us."

   We walked back out there. DeZha looked like she was trying to calm down, but she was just too shaky. I wonder what she's gon' do when we get to the table. We finally get to the table, and they looked kinda nervous, too. Weird. We all sat down next to who we liked. Well, I did. I made Sarah sit by Princeton, 'cuz she like him. And I made DeZha sit by Roc and Ray Ray 'cuz she liked them both, but she liked Roc more. I made her sit close to him. I sat by Prodigy and tried to start some small talk, or at least a good conversation.

   "Hey. I'm Tonee. So, what's up with the fame business?"

   Well, here's how this went: His voice was sexy, but also shaky, his hands stayed in front of him, and his eyes were stuck between me and the floor. The huge signs that mean....... he kinda likes me!!

   "Uh, well, it's going pretty good for us, and we'd like a little more competition, actually."

   "Oh, really? Well, you in luck, 'cuz me and these two can sing and dance." I smiled and stared him straight in the eyes. "Maybe you'll see us at the next BET Awards."

   He smiled and looked down. He does like me!!! This is it. Make my move. Wait, Sarah told me to just be myself. But, I wanna make a good impression on him. Let's just see how being myself goes.

   "I'm being serious. We might have seats next to y'all and everything. Perform on the stage and all that."

   "Well, it seems that you have most of your future planned out."

   "Of course!! Then, I'm trying to go to college in Florida or go to USC with DeZha."

   "Which one is DeZha?"

   "The one with the green streaks in her hair." I pointed out to DeZha, who was nervously talking to Roc. But, at least she's not as nervous as she was when she walked in the bathroom.

   "Oh. She's cute." He stared at her for a while, then looked back at me. "And the other one is?"

   "Sarah."

   "You have very beautiful friends. They're as beautiful as Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty."

   I looked at him like, really? "You're into Greek mythology?"

   "Let me rephrase that. DeZha is more like Aphrodite. Your friend, Sarah, is like Hera."

   I'm still looking at him. Is he crazy?! Does he have a thing for my friends?

   "But, you're more like Athena, the goddess of wisdom." He smiled wide, and I felt my cheeks getting hot. Wow.

   "Yeah, right. I wish I was that beautiful. I mean, I know I'm pretty and all, but don't go that far."

   He grabbed my hand and looked me in my eyes. He's touchin' me!! He's really touchin' me!! "Don't feel that way. Don't talk like that. You are beautiful, in my eyes."

   Oh, my God. I stared at him for a long time, while he held my hand. I really like him. I wonder if he likes me back.