Chapter 12: Recovery Part 1

Miruko pov
9:09 p.m

The police arrived to arrest both criminals and bring them to Tartarus while (h/n) was being loaded into an ambulance. "I'm riding with you," I said the ambulance technician. "I'm sorry Miruko but we can't ha-," "That wasn't a request. He's my partner, I go where he goes." " Uh......y-yes ma'am...." the technician said as I got into the ambulance. Luckily the ride to the hospital wasn't very long so we were able to make it on time. They brought (h/n) into the emergency room and told me that they were going to tend to his wounds and keep him alive. "When can I see him?" "It'll probably be at least two hours Miruko, and he most likely won't be awake for even longer." the doctor said before heading into the emergency room.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Timeskip

Miruko pov
11:22 p.m

I was half asleep when the doctor came out of the emergency room and told me how (h/n) was doing. "He lost quite a bit of blood and three of his ribs have slight fractures but he'll recover. We've preformed some minor surgery and given him some blood. He also has a large amount of stitches on his side so that will limit how much hero work he can do. He'll be out of here in a day or two and he should be able to get back in action in a week. Oh, and you can see him now." "Thank you!" I practically screamed as I ran into the room and saw (h/c) laying on a hospital bed unconscious. I walked up to him and noticed the IV bag that was pumping fluids into his body to keep him healthy. I sat down on the chair right next to his bed and I couldn't help but notice how the way his (h/c) hair was parted made him look really cute. I didn't even notice the slight blush on my cheeks as I began talking to him, unsure if he could even hear me. "Hey (h/n), I uh......I'm glad to hear that you'll make it and.....fuck I'm sorry..."I said as a tears started to build up, "This is all my fault. If had just taken out Heavy Metal faster then I could've saved you.I don't know h-how I could live with myself if you had died. I'm so sorry (h/n) I....I..." I couldn't even finish my sentence without bursting into sobs. I buried my face into my palms as I wiped away the tears from my cheeks. I quickly stood up from my seat and and bent over him. "I'm going to make it up to you, I promise." I held his hand for a moment before leaving the room.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Author's note: sorry for the slow update. I'll try and publish the next part sooner than this one.